• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NASP Land Survival just got less awesome?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Somebody, ANYBODY tell me this isn't THE Paul Levins. I mean, the land survival Mr. Levins was a Ranger, not Air Force, right?

Obituary

Motorcycle Wreck half way down the page.

EDIT: I just saw where the service is being held at an AME church. Not saying it isn't possible, but the inconsistencies are starting to mount. Still though, it would be nice if someone had seen him in the past few days.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
It says the guy was a Reverend in the obituary....not sure if the Mr. Levins we know would have had the time for that. That said, the age sounds about right

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
I don't think that he is that old, or a reverend, or in the Air Force. It would be very sad if that was him but I'm sure he is somewhere in the greater Pensacola area perfecting his survival skills, creating squirrel snares and what have you.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
It says the guy was a Reverend in the obituary....not sure if the Mr. Levins we know would have had the time for that. That said, the age sounds about right

Are you doubting THE Paul Levins?!

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
Come to think of it, I do remember a quote by him that involved, "the big Ranger in the sky." However, he didn't exactly come off as the reverend type.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Unreal. I remember going through API, one of our 2nd class instructor's father in law was killed on his motorcycle one morning we showed up for class. Drive safe guys! It's nuts out there.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Paul Levins can't die, especially from a motorcycle accident. He is all that is man.

The only reason he would be in a motorcycle accident in the first place is if he was setting a trap for the inbound ambulance, in which case he would've snared, killed and eaten all response personnel when they arrived at the scene.

Must be a different guy.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Paul Levins can't die, especially from a motorcycle accident. He is all that is man.

The only reason he would be in a motorcycle accident in the first place is if he was setting a trap for the inbound ambulance, in which case he would've snared, killed and eaten all response personnel when they arrived at the scene.

Must be a different guy.

Paul Levins = Chuck Norris?

... just sayin.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Our little ode to the great Paul Levins. To bad I never got around to framing it and posting it in the API ready room... maybe if I ever make my way through NASP again. Hopefully it's a different guy. API just wouldn't be the same!

Attachments

• API 0808.jpg
    API 0808.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 455

gth770x

I just had my land survival class with him Monday (obit says he died last Saturday). So he is indeed not dead.

FastMover

NFO
None
That was by far my favorite day in API (except graduation, of course). If I had the chance I'd love to sit through his class again.