• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Whiting field or NAS Corpus Christi

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Kim,

No DLA for 2nd move in a FY? If they did not pay you to move, that is BS.

Master, not sure where the question mark applies to your post (I may be misreading it), but the policy has always been one DLA payment per FY. Are you saying you've experienced otherwise? I'd be interested to know how you scammed that one out. :)

KimberlyD

It wasn't a PCS. The orders were rewritten to list his ultimate duty station as Corpus. We were denied per diem for the time in P'Cola b/c we were in housing.

KimberlyD

Gator, multiple PCS in a FY equals an exception to the one DLA per FY rule. It's on the books, I have it linked somewhere & will check it for you. We experienced this in 2003, we moved to Newport on PCS in January & fr Newport to Norfolk on PCS in August, got 2 DLA's that FY, had to prove we were owed it but got it.

MasterBates

I got 2 DLA in FY 02, NRD Boston Via API to Corpus, and Corpus to Whiting. Had to fight for the 2nd, but there is a way to get it.

Basically I think I had to prove I was being forced to PCS, and not asking to transfer. May do it again this year. JAX to Texas, and Texas to Norfolk.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
Hmmm, yeah, Im gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one ...
107216447_350653c4c4_m.jpg

sorry i forgot smileys. volunteer for vance! end speculation! :D

no seriously. don't.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Interesting. I wonder if that changed fairly recently. I remember back in 98-99 when I thought I might be PCS'ing twice (once to SWOS, once to final duty station...don't ask) in the same FY that I wasn't allowed DLA twice. Good deal that it's the way you guys say it is.

phrogpilot73

When I was waiting to start API, I told StuCon that I was 90% sure I wanted helos, so if possible I wanted to go to Whiting so I wouldn't have to move twice. I got Whiting, I don't know if my logic worked (probably not) but I did get what I wanted...

IrishNavy05

pilot
Contributor
I got 2 DLA in FY 02, NRD Boston Via API to Corpus, and Corpus to Whiting. Had to fight for the 2nd, but there is a way to get it.

Basically I think I had to prove I was being forced to PCS, and not asking to transfer. May do it again this year. JAX to Texas, and Texas to Norfolk.

This has been on my mind for awhile. Does anyone else have any more recent experience with it? My orders had me to API in July, and I checked into Whiting on October 6th. So technically the PCS date is 6 days into FY07. Assuming I don't get helo's and end up moving in April, I should get a second DLA per the exception, correct?

Master - how much of a pain in the ass was it?

VS FO

pilot
None
I received DLA twice in a fiscal year. The second time was at a reduced rate. Both moves were PCS. Not sure if I skated through some loop hole, but PSD seemed to think it was pretty common.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Unless you have follow on orders to Whiting, you're pretty much at the mercy of Flight Management as far as where you do Primary. My buddy just checked in with the January group and they weren't even offered dream wings. I think you can still volunteer for Vance, but not for Whiting or Corpus.