• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Brunswick Air Show

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
I see the Blue Angels are slated to come to NAS Brunswick in September. I was wondering, would I be spinning my tires if I tried to initiate something in which some Mids and myself would be able to meet with them at some point during the weekend? I think it would be an unreal experience, but I understand it's an active command, and wouldn't want to infringe on their responsibilities. Obviously I would work up my chain of command at my unit, but I'm just curious to see if it would make it past that.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I see the Blue Angels are slated to come to NAS Brunswick in September. I was wondering, would I be spinning my tires if I tried to initiate something in which some Mids and myself would be able to meet with them at some point during the weekend? I think it would be an unreal experience, but I understand it's an active command, and wouldn't want to infringe on their responsibilities. Obviously I would work up my chain of command at my unit, but I'm just curious to see if it would make it past that.

Dude, they're just regular aviators dressed in ill fitting flight suits.

Brett

robav8r

None
Contributor
I don't think Brunswick has had an airshow in quite some time (at least since I was there 2001-2004). I would imagine their itinerary will be quite full. However, if you really want a 1 v 1 with them, try contacting the base PAO and see if you can arrange a "meet & greet." Who knows, you might get lucky !

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
What school is in Brunswick?

Ask your class advisor (or the one who's an aviator) to make the call to the PAO. Even if you don't get to hang with the Blues, you can probably get to spend time behind the scenes with some fleet crews, which would probably be more valuable, anyway. You don't need to hear about precision aerobatics, you need to hear about regular fleet operations. Buy drinks for the night and an aviator will regale you for hours with fleet BS.

Shoot...Brunswick? Seemed fun for the 1 night of post SERE libbo a few years back. I might bring a V-22.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
What school is in Brunswick?

Ask your class advisor (or the one who's an aviator) to make the call to the PAO. Even if you don't get to hang with the Blues, you can probably get to spend time behind the scenes with some fleet crews, which would probably be more valuable, anyway. You don't need to hear about precision aerobatics, you need to hear about regular fleet operations. Buy drinks for the night and an aviator will regale you for hours with fleet BS.

UMaine, which is only about 1.5 hours away, and that's pretty much what I was hoping to do, thanks for the advice

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Seriously, though, they are just regular dudes with tight pants (as Brett said). That stuff is cool to watch and all, but I just can't get into the whole thing with the Blue Egos being celebrities. I am still not buying it.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Seriously, though, they are just regular dudes with tight pants (as Brett said). That stuff is cool to watch and all, but I just can't get into the whole thing with the Blue Egos being celebrities. I am still not buying it.

Are they really like that? I thought they acknowledged the fact that they are part of something famous, yet not famous themselves.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I don't know them, it is just a joke. They are all probably upstanding citizens and real humble guys. I just don't get the celebrity thing unless you are 5, and then any aviator regardless of what he/she flies is pretty much a celebrity.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know them, it is just a joke. They are all probably upstanding citizens and real humble guys. I just don't get the celebrity thing unless you are 5, and then any aviator regardless of what he/she flies is pretty much a celebrity.

Yeah, not so much, but I guess they have to play the part.

Brett

es101js

pilot
Translation....TOWNIES=BUSTED........OUT OF STATERS.....Way HOT....how do you think Maine keeps the inbreeding down?

...and not so much, its the out of state bowdoin hippies that are busted and about the inbreeding...well you got me there, my high school(topsham) had 1200 students and 6 last names