• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Brunswick Air Show

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ask to sit in on their flight brief.
:D

Renegade One

None
I think you have a real chance at success in asking the Blues to spend some time...at least some of them...with you and the Mids. They will normally arrive at a two-day airshow site on the previous Thursday (maybe Friday), and already have some hospital visits and school visits set up. Just ask and see about getting together with them on some part of the itinerary. If the NAS O'Club is still functioning, there might be a reception there one of the evenings that you would be more than welcome to join. If you'd like, send a short e-mail to a friend of mine on the team (LT Gretchen Doane..the Admin Officer). She can at least give you "ground truth" on how to proceed. Tell here "Spike told me to contact you." Send me a private note to get her e-mail address.
14.jpg

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
It was great going through pilot training at VT-4 in Pensacola when it was still an all strike squadron. Besides the fact that we could watch all the Blues' practice shows from the ready room, we had an unwritten policy that anyone who was manned for launch when the practice ended would sound off when the Blues did over tower freq for takeoff. Even the guys in the ready room would chime in over the SDO radio. Most of the studs in the early '80's were NFO retreads (about 75% of the SNA's), so we had a great time with it.

Pretty funny when it sounded something like this:

Blues cleared..2..3..4..5..6......7...8...9...10...11...12

"knock it off " (clearly the Boss' voice)

"Blue Zircons....knock it off...roger....7...8...9...10...11...12)