• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAMI Whammied

StJP4Us

Thank you all for the insight and responses. Very valuable information here.

So I've been doing more research on this whole issue and just found some "instructions" for performing the tests, specifically the PFT and FeNO. You aren't allowed to be eating a big meal before this test. Specifically 2 hours before hand. I ate a huge breakfast and they just called me in with no warning. Never told me not to eat. Even have my time stamped receipt to prove this. Hopefully this holds weight because I think this is a clear violation of their own procedures....

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
NAMI has had a reputation for a long time, and I've always felt animosity toward them for the way they treat SNA/SNFOs. I have never conclusively been able to prove that they're used as an attrition tool (if so, why?), but at the very least, they have a major bedside manner problem. I've never agreed with treating new officers like dirt, no matter how annoying and idealistic they might be (I was too, it's the only way you get through all the BS to get started).

Best of luck, I really hope you can get this overturned.

StJP4Us

Thank you. I'm doing everything I can and laying out all of my cards. Pushing to the best of my ability and if it doesn't work out then at least I wont regret not trying when I am older.

With that said, does anyone have any advice going the congressional route for what works and what doesn't? I'm definitely not going to have any expectations with this process but just want to see if there are any similar cases that anyone has seen. Cases that get approved and disapproved.

Until I get the final yes or no, I'll probably just start pursuing the airlines tbh.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Recommend you formally let whatever flight surgeon that you were working with that you don't believe that procedures were followed correctly. Cite the specific instructions and specific portions which were in error that you said you recently found. Do it via email so you have a formal record. Best case, they realize there was an error and re-test you, getting it done correctly. Worst case, you have a record of trying to solve the problem at the lowest level prior to moving to a CI.

taxi1

pilot
Recommend you formally let whatever flight surgeon that you were working with that you don't believe that procedures were followed correctly. Cite the specific instructions and specific portions which were in error that you said you recently found. Do it via email so you have a formal record. Best case, they realize there was an error and re-test you, getting it done correctly. Worst case, you have a record of trying to solve the problem at the lowest level prior to moving to a CI.
Frankly, if they did fail to follow their own procedures, I think someone up the chain needs to know. Otherwise you’re giving them a chance to bury it, or make up another excuse. It sounds like they’ve been told by your advocates from previous posts.

So my rec is elevate it.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Frankly, if they did fail to follow their own procedures, I think someone up the chain needs to know. Otherwise you’re giving them a chance to bury it, or make up another excuse. It sounds like they’ve been told by your advocates from previous posts.

So my rec is elevate it.
Always an option. Letting them know you think they screwed up and getting it on paper could serve the dual purpose of either a.) getting it solved more promptly and at a lower level if they realize they messed up or, b.) getting a solid record of them ignoring your concerns to support your case as you elevate- if you need to do that, someone up the chain is definitely going to find out. With the research he's done, it should be a pretty simple email that takes a few minutes.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
An email with the right person/people CC'ed can also be worth its own weight in gold. Not sure if you have a class advisor or some other LT thats looking after you, but it at least puts it out that you are working on something. And like the former people mentioned, you have that timestamp and a backlog.

Good morning all. I was able to successfully finish my Part I flight physical and when I went in for my Part II, was told since i was diagnosed with "mild sleep apnea" in 2019 i needed to go in to sleep study for a re-evaluation to make sure it was under control so the flight doc could submit a waiver. I went to sleep study and completed a "wakefulness" test and was told I should be good to go, no issues and sleep apnea is under control. When I went in for my Part II physical, I was told that if I have sleep apnea, it is an automatic disqualification for applicants and a waiver will not be accepted (according to the NAMI instruction). Has anyone been able to get a way around this or is this the end for my SNO/SNFO application process?