• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My New Toy

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Building is cheaper and gives you more pride in ownership. I never really found an off the shelf AR-15 that was exactly how I wanted it, and they could teach monkeys to put AR's together.

Tried building an AK a while back... a little different story...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
O.K. ...O.K. got it. JESUS, you guys .... AR's and so forth.... BUT:

THE question is ..........:
A4sForever said:
With "scope" ??? Pardon my ignorance ... since I'm clueless since I stopped buying/selling/shootin' AK's and other Bloc weapons .... :)

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
A4sForever said:
With "scope" ??? Pardon my ignorance ... since I'm clueless since I stopped buying/selling/shootin' AK's and other Bloc weapons .... :)
:eek:

Wow I never thought I would hear that from A4's!!:icon_tong

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
A4sForever said:
Is this thread about AR's ... or I just stooopid???

Geeze, you try to go to sleep before your first FAM flight and I can't get A4's uestion answered. Yes it comes with scope. A PSO X4 with amber filter.

I built my own AR-15, was easy. I plan to build my own AK to go with the sniper rifle.

I'll get a range report ASAP, it comes in on Thurs and according to what the "Great and Powerfull SKEDS" says I will be going to the range.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
NeoCortex said:
... Yes it comes with scope. A PSO X4 with amber filter.....
Thanks for the update. Master arm on , station select, guns free; discuss whatever. :)

Oh, has anyone ever heard of an AR-15 ???

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NeoCortex said:
I plan to build my own AK to go with the sniper rifle.

Not nearly as easy as building an AR-15. Requires more skill and work.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Not nearly as easy as building an AR-15. Requires more skill and work.
Ain't THAT the truth!!! And ironic, as well, as the AK was conceived and designed with farm boys and peasants in mind --- while the AR/M16 types were "targeted" toward a more "literate" western end-user.

Yet which one is "easier" to build .... ??? :)

snort

Banned
Have fun, it's fun to shoot. Had a Dragunov with scope and sold it for $750 in January. I didn't like it, because it was inaccurate above 200 yards. I'll stick with my Remington for long distance.

I'll skip the M16 controversy, it has the knockdown power of a chipmunk.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
If you had a real dragunov, then you just got screwed...

What he bought was an FPK. A cool gun, and very similar to a Dragunov, but significantly less expensive. An actual Dragunov, even a Chinese one should fetch at least $1300-1500 on the low end. If you read up on the Dragunov it was never really intended to be a "sniper rifle," just a rifle to give better range and knockdown power.