• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My New Toy

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
xmid said:
emot-words.gif

Perhaps I lost track along the way, but isn't this thread about someone's new Romak3? Or were we sidetracked by someone supposedly selling a real SVD for less than 1/4 the market value?

If so, sorry... I was arguing the original topic... and on that, I'm still right :)

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
All good... Just got it in to day, it's by far AWSOME! plan on going to the range on Sunday, Sat is a surge day, so I'll report back then.

snort

Banned
I apologize to the group for leading this thread off topic.

@Fly Navy: The rifle I owned had a pitted barrel which was probably the cause of it's inaccuracy. I knew it when I bought it, just thought it'd be fun to shoot and didn't have one in my collection.

@squeeze:
were we sidetracked by someone supposedly selling a real SVD for less than 1/4 the market value?
Nope, it was an SVD. It had a shot barrel. *If you want to argue firearms with someone I'll oblige, but will only offer opinions on weapons I've owned.*

@NeoCortex: Have fun, and punch a few holes for me.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
snort said:
@Fly Navy: The rifle I owned had a pitted barrel which was probably the cause of it's inaccuracy. I knew it when I bought it, just thought it'd be fun to shoot and didn't have one in my collection.

I know the feeling, Ive definitely bought stuff to just add to my collection.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Just got home from the range, after cleanning the gun I now can post a report. I shot a 1 MOA @ 200 yds. (that's the longest range at Sharp Shooter) It was great, took me about 7 rnds to get it zeroed but they it was easy. The ammo I was using was 180 gr surplus, so I can't wait to get the 147 Wolf in to see how that does. Took my camera to take pictures but the batt died. Oh well, time to study the HYD system!

snort

Banned
NeoCortex said:
Just got home from the range, after cleanning the gun I now can post a report. I shot a 1 MOA @ 200 yds. (that's the longest range at Sharp Shooter) It was great, took me about 7 rnds to get it zeroed but they it
Okay, I give up... I can't shoot a one inch group at 200 yds with anything. Guess I'm getting old. :D

EDIT: If you'd like to sell that rifle shoot me a PM.