• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Recommendation?

Also, anyone have experience with internal guide rod laser brands, eg. LaserMax? I’ve seen mixed reviews and they ain’t cheap.

I just installed a set of Dawson Precision adjustable sights on a Glock. Very easy installation. Fiber-optic, great presentation outside. Warren Sevigney Tactical are another great choice.

I looked at the Lasermax guide rods, but the reviews seem to indicate a lack of durability (e. g. Laser INOP after a few thousand rounds). Also, couldn’t find one with a steady beam, only blinking.

If I was going to go with a laser for a Glock, I’d probably stick with Crimson Trace, or get one of the integrated light/laser combos from Streamlight or Surefire.

danpass

Recommendation?
I did this with my Glocks:

http://blog.gunlink.info/2015/12/07/glock-factory-service-the-best-kept-secret-in-sights/

Here is the form itself ("what?" you'll understand from the article but the link in there to the form is busted)

https://us.glock.com/-/media/global...dable-materials/glock-warranty-form.pdf?la=en

I went with the 'big' Ameriglo bold night sights. My shipping cost to Glock, then $100 to Glock paid for: the sights, installation and shipping back to me.

One item of note concerning those sights: they're a bit tall, so point of impact is markedly lower than point of aim; aim at the nose, hit the upper chest (~5yds)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
48087280727_b35c3d17ba_h.jpg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, when this "weapons of war" buy back occurs, do I have to turn in my Garand, M1911, M11, S&W Model 10 M&P, Remington 870, Lugar, and Romanian Army .22 training rifle. No wait. A training rifle is not used in war. What about cartridges of war?

I am also confused as I didnt buy these from the US government, so how can they buy back something I didn't buy from them? Can the folks I bought these from forcefully buy them back?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, when this "weapons of war" buy back occurs, do I have to turn in my Garand, M1911, M11, S&W Model 10 M&P, Remington 870, Lugar, and Romanian Army .22 training rifle. No wait. A training rifle is not used in war. What about cartridges of war?
<SARCASM>
Better turn in that Model 1863 black powder musket, too. Can’t have those weapons of war “on our streets,” because they’ve probably killed orders of magnitude more Americans than ARs and AKs ever did.
</SARCASM>

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Going to Japan for a few years. Do you think my NFA tax stamp will come through by the time I get back?

I bought 3 cans, an SBR, and put in the paperwork for the stamps before a 2013 deployment. Very long and crazy story (involving the death of an SOT FFL), but my cans and rifle are still sitting in purgatory... Hopefully I take possession of them late October or November if the timelines on ATFtracker are correct.