• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If they want to ban the brace entirely, OK. Disagree but, OK. This bit that you can have a brace legally but the moment you touch your shoulder it is illegal is BS. So, one inch from should, fine, close one inch to shoulder, jail. Next they declare shooting from the hip with a AK is illegal because that is a gangster spray technique.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
If they want to ban the brace entirely, OK. Disagree but, OK. This bit that you can have a brace legally but the moment you touch your shoulder it is illegal is BS. So, one inch from should, fine, close one inch to shoulder, jail. Next they declare shooting from the hip with a AK is illegal because that is a gangster spray technique.
Due to electron fields orbiting the nucleus of all atoms in molecules in the universe, you never really touch anything. Your molecules just reach a close enough distance where the electron fields repel the electron fields of proximal molecules.

So, your brace is A-okay, because it never truly touches you (or your clothing, or anything).

I’m sure the ATF/judicial system will love that legal argument. ;)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Due to electron fields orbiting the nucleus of all atoms in molecules in the universe, you never really touch anything. Your molecules just reach a close enough distance where the electron fields repel the electron fields of proximal molecules.

So, your brace is A-okay, because it never truly touches you (or your clothing, or anything).

I’m sure the ATF/judicial system will love that legal argument. ;)
I am using it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Decided to switch it up a bit and go to an early GWOT config. I think the ACOG is still very useful, but it does show it's age when you get behind it on a square range.

32920549667_db0311f6a1_h.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That particular one is a Geissele SSx. But I also dig the Larue MBTs for press (trigger bow width) and reset.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Have you tried any SSAs that you liked? Looking for a trigger on a home defense set up.

The SSAs are fine. I've found them to vary a bit, but all are, of course, very usable and very reliable. I've also found them to stay relatively consistent as they get dirty. I just, personally, have liked the MBTs press and reset better, but some don't like them at all. This is purely a gamer answer, but once I've gotten used to shooting a MBT (after maybe 20-30 rounds), I find it much harder to short-stroke a MBT than a SSA. Admittedly, that may be partly due to hopping between the two, but I'll tend to stick with a specific trigger type (SSA or MBT) for several range sessions at a time.

Bottom line, if you put a SSA (or G2S) in a gun, it will work and suit your needs fine. I wouldn't have any doubts.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
The SSAs are fine. I've found them to vary a bit, but all are, of course, very usable and very reliable. I've also found them to stay relatively consistent as they get dirty. I just, personally, have liked the MBTs press and reset better, but some don't like them at all. This is purely a gamer answer, but once I've gotten used to shooting a MBT (after maybe 20-30 rounds), I find it much harder to short-stroke a MBT than a SSA. Admittedly, that may be partly due to hopping between the two, but I'll tend to stick with a specific trigger type (SSA or MBT) for several range sessions at a time.

Bottom line, if you put a SSA (or G2S) in a gun, it will work and suit your needs fine. I wouldn't have any doubts.
Yeah I’ve heard great things about the Larue MBT and the G2S. Just haven’t picked one up yet, glad to know either will work just fine.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blackhawk Serpa
31623d.jpg

Seriously, I had no idea how much hate there was for these things on the gun-related Internet when I used one, and kind of liked it. I got issued one at Fort Jackson with no clue that it was ACKSCHUALLY an evil negligent-discharge-inducing killing machine of evil.