• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

rreagan3

VP-NESS
None
I was going to hold off on posting a pic until I actually took possession, but since this thread has become active again, figured I'd throw this up. Specifically the tan thing at the end of the barrel. I wasn't sure what my financial situation would be a year from now, so found this on sale back in October and pulled the trigger and it's been sitting in a safe until now. Also still waiting for the paperwork for the Colt lower to make the overall package more correct, but it was enjoyable to put a few rounds through the can, especially with just ear plugs in (I usually wear double protection for rifles). In another 6 months, maybe it will finally leave my FFL's safe...and maybe Surefire will finally get their muzzle devices back in stock for my other rifles.

I asked for one of those for my birthday, but I guess no one thought I was serious. Did you learn any pearls of wisdom in going through the NFA shuffle to get that thing?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I asked for one of those for my birthday, but I guess no one thought I was serious. Did you learn any pearls of wisdom in going through the NFA shuffle to get that thing?

That's my first Form 4, but I've done two Form 1s so far (still waiting on the second one). I know there's some guys here who have done more. I still have months before the Form 4 will come back, which is fine since I can't use it where I'm at right now, anyway.

I did the Trust route, so once that was completed, I filled out the Form(s) using the templates on guntrustlawyer.com. My FFL let me know you don't need a SSN with a Trust, which I couldn't remember and it wasn't clear on the templates. For Florida, you'll need:

-Form 4 (or 1) x2
-Complete Trust (they say x2...I've done one without and one with two copies)
-Assignments sheet (you shouldn't need this, but the ATF still wants it)
-Citizenship form (can't remember the number, but google it and it will come up)
-$200 for each item.
-Patience

I learned the other day from the internets that you can send in multiple Forms for multiple items in one package and only have to submit one (or two) copies of your Trust. As long as it's in the same envelope, they just use the one Trust for each item. It's actually a pretty simple process with the Trust. If you're doing a Form 1, you'll need to get your item engraved once you get your stamp. There's several places in Jax that can do that.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Couple of new purchases to report. In anticipation of the arrival of a Silencerco Sparrow SS can I picked up a couple of .22 LR weapons. They both that have factory threaded barrels. I'm a big Ruger MKII pistol fan but I didn't want to thread either of the two that I have so I picked up a new 22/45 MKIII Lite. I'll eventually fiddle around with it a bit (get rid of the mag safety so the mags drop free etc) and add a Burris FastFire that's few thousand rounds away.

I've wanted a CZ 452 American for some time now and after a couple weeks searching I found one for a reasonable price on line. I was looking for anything in a CZ 452 American but it just so happens this one was a new in the box 452 model with a 16" threaded barrel. I took this as sign from god and bought it that day.

Pics below. Now all I need is for the ATF to get busy on the paper for my Sparrow. That and to find some more .22 ammo to shoot......strange days....

22_45 Lite.jpg
CZ 452.jpg

Stick

pilot
Recently finished building this and love how it shoots. Already planning my next build which will be a left handed setup.
DSC_0002_zps349fafc9.jpg
DSC_0001_zps990c0f22.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
:p
I miss ol' A4s comments and gun savvy. More interesting reading his comments than those from some self appointed "Oracles" who have been crop dusted too many times.
I agree with you... A4s was indeed controversial; however, his positive influence on AW far outweighed the negative. He could be arrogant & caustic at times, but he definitely had style, a fine sense of humour, and a ton of good info regarding both Naval & commercial aviation, and guns. In addition, his command of the language, and writing style was unique. As is normal for a controversial personality, many here will disagree with me and that's OK. I still think that AW has lost a bit of "pizzazz" since A4s departed, and I for one... miss that elderly, sassy character!:p
BzB

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I agree with you... A4s was indeed controversial; however, his positive influence on AW far outweighed the negative. He could be arrogant & caustic at times, but he definitely had style, a fine sense of humour, and a ton of good info regarding both Naval & commercial aviation, and guns. In addition, his command of the language, and writing style was unique. As is normal for a controversial personality, many here will disagree with me and that's OK. I still think that AW has lost a bit of "pizzazz" since A4s departed, and I for one... miss that elderly, sassy character!:p
BzB

Spot on. This place is far worse off without him and those like him.

I agree with both of you, I'm glad that I still keep in touch with A4s. In fact It's time to drop a line to him.:)
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
BzB

AW has lost its pizzazz for sure, whether he is here or not.

My new Walther PPX...ungainly looking but it actually has great ergo's and the smoothest DAO trigger I've ever shot.

photo39-1_zps1ef39ca3.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You find the Walther to be temperamental?

Not at all, the Walther PPQ and P99 are known to be fantastic guns and from what I've read and experienced, the PPX is rock solid. However, I've only shot 250 rounds through it thus far, 200 rounds of Federal 115gr and 50 rounds of combination of 124/147gr JHP. The trigger and grip, though it looks funky, are the best parts of this gun.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
This is my second Sig Pro 2022. My first was sold to fund my AR and I saw this one at the gun store but in .357 Sig and night sights, had to have it. Love the .357 Sig round.

photo26-1_zpseffd9f8c.jpg