• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
How do you like the polymers compared to the alloy sigs?

It just depends on preference I suppose. My Sig 226 Navy is an excellent gun in every way but one, weight. However, the polymer 2022 isn't exactly light, weighs 290z empty I think. The trigger is outstanding for an entry level gun but not quite as good as my 226. I have Glocks, Walther and Sig in polymer and the Sig seems the toughest, strongest built if you will. This Sig will be my car gun I think.

MasterBates

Bunk, do you reload for 357sig?

I've bought dies and the conversion kit for my Dillon, (when they will get to me, who knows) but haven't sourced components yet.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It just depends on preference I suppose. My Sig 226 Navy is an excellent gun in every way but one, weight. However, the polymer 2022 isn't exactly light, weighs 290z empty I think. The trigger is outstanding for an entry level gun but not quite as good as my 226. I have Glocks, Walther and Sig in polymer and the Sig seems the toughest, strongest built if you will. This Sig will be my car gun I think.

I don't carry my 226, so the weight doesn't really bother me. My biggest issue with a NIB 226 is...the cost. 900 bucks, or more in these crazy times, for a duty pistol? Fahk. I got my West German special off gunbroker for less than half what a new one would run me, and it goes and goes like shit through a goose. Love it.

I'm not a big dude, so a full size duty pistol as an everyday carry gun isn't really an option...it'd stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. The 226 replaced my glock as my nightstand gun. Fits my hand and is a nail driver. I'm not big on safeties, so I actually like the DA/SA with the decocker.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't carry my 226, so the weight doesn't really bother me. My biggest issue with a NIB 226 is...the cost. 900 bucks, or more in these crazy times, for a duty pistol? Fahk. I got my West German special off gunbroker for less than half what a new one would run me, and it goes and goes like shit through a goose. Love it.

I'm not a big dude, so a full size duty pistol as an everyday carry gun isn't really an option...it'd stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. The 226 replaced my glock as my nightstand gun. Fits my hand and is a nail driver. I'm not big on safeties, so I actually like the DA/SA with the decocker.

The weight was with respect to a carry gun but both my Sigs are too heavy for carry, at least for me. Sigs are expensive unless you go for used or the entry level Sigs, P250 or 2022. Well, even the used ones around here are going for $600-800 depending. Found a nice 229 but it's expensive still for a well used gun.

My Walther PPX is my nightstand gun now, smoothest DAO trigger I've shot and my daughter can shoot it without effort.

Renegade One

None
:p
I agree with you... A4s was indeed controversial; however, his positive influence on AW far outweighed the negative….I still think that AW has lost a bit of "pizzazz" since A4s departed, and I for one... miss that elderly, sassy character!:pBzB
Spot on. This place is far worse off without him and those like him.
I agree with both of you, I'm glad that I still keep in touch with A4s. In fact It's time to drop a line to him.:)
A casualty of friendly fire? AE206…tell him we said hello, please.

Stick

pilot
Sorry about the crappy quality but I took it on my phone as soon as I got it home. Picked this up today for the wife and ran a few rounds through it. M&P 15-22
photo-1-1_zps21f483f3.jpg

Stick

pilot
We put 100 rounds through it and it was great. No cycling problems or anything. It was shooting a little low, but I wasn't expecting it to be perfect right out of the box. I am very pleased with it and had a blast shooting it. Now my AR is all mine and she can quit bugging me about getting her one. If only her Glock 19 will come in so I don't have to hear about that one as well.

jtmedli

pilot
Okay, another SIG with this one being a Sig P6 made in Feb 1980. Great shape, great shooter, love it.

photo44-1_zps58914f2d.jpg

Ok, you convinced me. I want one. I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on these a few years when they were $350-400.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ok, you convinced me. I want one. I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on these a few years when they were $350-400.

I got mine for $500 out the door so they are a bit more expensive. Also, being mine is a pre 1989 model, the feed ramp is at a slightly different angle as it was designed to feed FMJ's. So, your mileage may vary as to JHP, depending on the size. Some guys report no issues with JHP, specifically with 115gr JHP. I've only shot it once and it fed FMJ's like butter but I had 1 FTF out of 50 Speer Gold Dot 124+p and it would not reliably feed any of my Hornady 135gr rounds. I am going to try some Ranger and Hornady 115gr JHP and if it doesn't work, I'll either buy a 225 barrel or send my barrel off to have the feed ramp modified to accept all JHP.