• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was going to hold off on posting a pic until I actually took possession, but since this thread has become active again, figured I'd throw this up. Specifically the tan thing at the end of the barrel. I wasn't sure what my financial situation would be a year from now, so found this on sale back in October and pulled the trigger and it's been sitting in a safe until now. Also still waiting for the paperwork for the Colt lower to make the overall package more correct, but it was enjoyable to put a few rounds through the can, especially with just ear plugs in (I usually wear double protection for rifles). In another 6 months, maybe it will finally leave my FFL's safe...and maybe Surefire will finally get their muzzle devices back in stock for my other rifles.

Attachments

• MK18Surefire.jpg
    MK18Surefire.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 68

yak52driver

Contributor
I've had this a couple of months now, it's a Howa 1500 .308 with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 scope and a Harris bipod on it. I've only run about 100 rounds through it so far, but it shoots nice patterns at 100 yards. In March I'm heading to five days of training where I'll be shooting out to about 800 yards with it, it will be interesting to see how it (and I) do at that range.

howa scope small.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after a class. The Howa seemed like a good price-point, but I wasn't sure what that meant as the range increased.

yak52driver

Contributor
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after a class. The Howa seemed like a good price-point, but I wasn't sure what that meant as the range increased.

I will let you know how it goes at class with the Howa. The price on it was one I couldn't say no to, the local dealer dang near gave me the gun. He asked me to go shoot it and let him know how it did before we even discussed me buying it. The scope that had been on it was a Chinese POS, would not hold a zero. The Vortex scope fixed that.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I get an email from the Chief Pilot Deputy for the Sheriff's Aviation unit I volunteer for. Seems the local S&W law enforcement dealer had just gotten 30 M&P Shields in 9mm at a smoking price, law enforcement only. They are next to impossible to find on the civ market. Ran right down and picked one up. Barely two weeks before I put a Glock 19 on order through their LE program. I am not a Glock fan but got it for my wife or son. The little Shield I was excited about. Just shot it today. 200 rounds. LOVE IT. Very accurate. Great trigger for a striker fired unit. A little heavy for it's size I suppose but slim and compact. Highly recommend the Shield for concealed carry, women or small hands.
M&P Shield.jpg

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
That shield looks like a nice piece. I was considering adding it to my want/need list until I saw the external safety. Growing up Glock (and carrying it exclusively) my muscle memory isn't well suited to external safeties. Do you think the external safety would be easy to activate accidentally if one were to carry with it in the fire position?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That shield looks like a nice piece. I was considering adding it to my want/need list until I saw the external safety. Growing up Glock (and carrying it exclusively) my muscle memory isn't well suited to external safeties. Do you think the external safety would be easy to activate accidentally if one were to carry with it in the fire position?
In keeping with concealed carry design philosophy it is small and tucked up into the frame pretty well. It not only isn't likely to be accidentally engaged, I find it VERY difficult to move at all. I suppose if someone wanted to use the safety it would break in with use. But I am like you and have no intention of using the safety. So I just quit messing with it so that it stays stiff and positive. I don't see a chance of it ever moving inadvertently. I totally love the gun.

Like I said. Not a Glock guy but haven't shot one in years. I am waiting to get my G19 so I can compare the triggers. The trigger on the Shield is new and improved over regular M&Ps. So far, I find the Shield trigger better than I remember the Glock. If you get to shoot them side by side let me know what you think.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I miss ol' A4s comments and gun savvy. More interesting reading his comments than those from some self appointed "Oracles" who have been crop dusted too many times.

Makes about three of you lol I miss him like I miss a hemorrhoid. Anyway, my latest purchase, a PX4 Storm .45 ACP. All my handguns were 9mm but with no FMJ 9mm ammo in the last two plus weeks, I decided to sell the 9mm I use the least. So I sold my PX4 Storm subcompact for a full sized 45 as 45 ammo is readily available and I have a 45 carbine rifle as well. Range visit with 250 rounds down range went well.

photo20-1_zps80faf36d.jpg