• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

BigRed389

None
Well done on your Kimber Stainless II.

I have well over 5,000 rounds on my Custom II (the blued version of your gun) and not a single problem.

You will want some good 8 round mags to go with it. The Wilson Combat 47D's or ETM's are excellent.

I've shot a buddy's Kimber with Wilson mags, and they certainly seemed to work great.

But as for the Wilson Combat 1911's themselves, anybody here very shell out the bucks for one? Kimber seems to be a pretty high end 1911, so the ~3,000+ price tag on a lot of the Wilson 1911s seems excessive.

Kimber seems to just give a lot more bang for the buck if you'll pardon the pun.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I've shot a buddy's Kimber with Wilson mags, and they certainly seemed to work great.

But as for the Wilson Combat 1911's themselves, anybody here very shell out the bucks for one? Kimber seems to be a pretty high end 1911, so the ~3,000+ price tag on a lot of the Wilson 1911s seems excessive.

Kimber seems to just give a lot more bang for the buck if you'll pardon the pun.

This is why I ended up with the Kimber. It was between a Kimber Custom II or a Springfield Armory Loaded. For the same price, the SA had night sights over the Kimber, that was it. The fit and finish of the SA doesn't even compare to the Kimber, not even close. I also was kind of turned off to the "Made in Brazil" stamped on the side of the Loaded. Nothing against guns not made in the USA, but when I was willing to shell out that amount of money for a nice 1911, I wasn't thrilled with half of it being built in Brazil.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It's my birthday ... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .... my birthday present to myself:

852.0.jpg

Smith 'Triple Lock' ... 97% ... .44 Special ... the heartbeat of America ... rock on.

St Valentine's day is my grandfather's birthday....Pops...is that you?

Nah....one more person A4's is not. Sooner can get back to sleuthing.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Post-Afghanistan Gift

So, having recently (<48 hours) returned from my extended sojourn in Afghanistan, I'm thinking that I deserve a new firearm (or several). I've been thinking about another M1A, an AR-10, or a classy-yet-understated over/under on the long gun side, and perhaps either a Sig SAS, or another wheelgun on the pistol side. However, my 9 month old daughter (and playing catchup with her) has thus far completely wrapped me completely around her tiny, drool soaked, and food encrusted fingers, and I haven't had much time to research.

Who wants to pick Gaijin's next gun(s)?

*--As a caveat though, anything I buy will have to be practical (I intend to shoot it, repeatedly), can't be too out there with respect to caliber, and if it's a pistol, think CCW.

Bevo16

pilot
I'll sell you my M1A loaded standard for about $10,000. ;)

That 5 shot group in the middle target measures .6 MOA.
I am shooting factory loads (Federal GMM) and looking forward to seeing what it will do once I get serious about tuning.
24777_382302790652_698645652_4304673_1612305_n.jpg

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Welcome back, Adam.

I just recently purchased a Sig P238. Great little pistol.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Bevo, might be a bit rich for my blood, what with the multiple houses and the midget that moved into my house right before I left.

It's good to be back, even more so after sorting through the ammo I bought while deployed. I may have gone a little bit overboard...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Road Blocker!

Mossie 500 Roadblocker...straight out of Mad Max, and yes the muzzle brake does it for me. After I'm winchester...I can use it to apply blunt force trauma.

Attachments

• RoadBlocker.jpg
    RoadBlocker.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 54
  • MuzzleBrake.jpg
    MuzzleBrake.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 37

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Bring on the zombie hordes . . .

I'm ready.

View attachment 11471
pencil.png

Now I can dual wield Sig 226's when I need to whack zombies.

1 Sig Sauer P226 9mm Zurich Police - Carbon - B
zuric polizei 225.JPG

Sig P229 Navy 9MM

Sig Navy 1.jpg

Can have a 225 to throw at them for good measure when the single stack clip runs out.
1 Sig Sauer P225, Nitron, DA/SA, 9mm - USED - Good Condition
zurich polizei 226.JPG

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I stopped at a newer local sporting goods store a week ago and found Taurus Model 65 for a pretty good price. It's by no means broken in yet, but it seems to be a well-made, if no frills/basic, medium frame revolver. The wife saw it a couple days ago and asked when she got to shoot it. I think I'll keep the .357 rounds in reserve for her to shoot at a later date, though.

I also broke down yesterday and bought my first Glock. It's an older Glock 22, but still brand new. I always found Glocks a bit uncomfortable, but this one fits my hands quite well. It's also the only .40 that I own, so I suppose I had better stock up a bit on ammo...

My Sig 229 SAS that I mentioned in the Got Sig thread is also doing quite well. I've been shooting Production Division with it over the last few weeks, and it's been awesome. It's almost broken in enough to start carrying, and the draw, sight picture, and trigger manipulation are quickly becoming second nature. Of course, I HAVE been doing 100-200 draws a night, mostly with reloads, so as not to look like a complete moron at matches. Perfect practice makes perfect...who knew? Now if only I could get the thing back from my holster-making buddy, I could practice some more.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I am, indeed. My buddy was a finalist (family politics on wifey's side bumped him) for the race to be my daughter's godfather, so I get a bit of a discount. Of course, a couple of the Kestrels that--ahem--fell off a truck during my last deployment may have found their way into his possession, and that may have had something to do with it. But I categorically deny any accusations in advance.

Anyway... He's making me an IWB for my Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless, an OWB for my Sig SAS (mainly for IPSC), a couple 2 x mag holders, and a 5 x mag holder (IPSC again). I'll post pics and a detailed description once he gets off his ass and finishes the stuff. He's working on more than a couple orders, so I'll be patient. I have to wonder if he's taking his time to prevent me from practicing, though...as if he needed the help.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Well I have some extra change now that I'm back from deployment and decided to pick me up something nice.
IMG_3052.JPG
FN Herstal SLP Mk I