• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
100_6857.jpg

The cheap sunglasses and sweat stain on the cover let you know this pic is authentic.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
My new Glock 36

No rounds through it yet, not until Saturday. I bought 2 extra clips with 2 Pearce +0 extenders and 2 Pearce +1 extenders. I hear about some issues with the +1 but I'll try them out and if there is some issue, I'll go back to the +0. Of course the Glock 36 looks like every other Glock but I matched up against my new Kimber Ultra Carry II as well. The Glock is still a bit bigger but lighter with a full clip.

+0 extender
DSCF7614.jpg

+1 extender
DSCF7613.jpg

Glock 36 and Kimber Ultra Carry II

DSCF7615.jpg

DSCF7619.jpg

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
@whitesox,
Why would you sell the compact G19 to turn around and buy a FULL size G22 to carry? While I carry an XDm on a regular basis without issue (roughly the same size as the G22), the compact model would obviously be preferable. IMO you'd be better off with a G23 if you want a .40.

Just my $.02 *)

Typo / confusion with model numbers. I meant the .40 model in the same size category as the G19 (23)

FLY_USMC

pilot
A4s, the kick on my FNH TPS isn't bad at all.....to be honest I was fairly skeptical at first...so much that I HAD to buy one! It's just not bad. I've shot quite a few shotgun in my time and I can honestly say this is one of the lightest, most easily maneuvered shotguns I've even shot. The porting seems to help the muzzle jump as well. If anyones ever in Southern SC and wants to shoot it, let me know!

That being said, with a deployment coming up and my never ending urge to change the collection, EAS if you're looking for one, I might sell it:) 75 rounds down the tube!

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I have a backlog of purchases to share, along with pictures of my friend's Kydex rigs.

Found a Remington 700 VTR in .308 this weekend. Great price, with the current $100 rebate that Remington's offering now on top of it. The stock's a piece of shit, IMO, and I'm planning on replacing it with something a bit more robust when I order some glass for it in the next few days. But the action is smooth, and Remington's factory trigger isn't too horrible.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Say hello to my little friend!!!

My new AR arrived yesterday from Spike's and I couldn't be more pleased. I spent last night breaking down, cleaning, and getting re-accustomed to the weapon - it's been 10 years since I've handled the M-16. Everything was second nature to me, but I'd forgotten how big a pain in the arse it is to get the hand guards off. I never was Speedy Gonzales when it came to getting those things off. =)

The folks over at Spikes were great, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Thanks to everyone here who gave me advice and shared their experience with me. You were a big help!

I am now ready for the zombie apocalypse. =)

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

OscarMyers

None
I have a 700 VTR too, I didnt think you could change out the stock with that crazy triangle barrel. Is there any special considerations you have to take?

I have a backlog of purchases to share, along with pictures of my friend's Kydex rigs.

Found a Remington 700 VTR in .308 this weekend. Great price, with the current $100 rebate that Remington's offering now on top of it. The stock's a piece of shit, IMO, and I'm planning on replacing it with something a bit more robust when I order some glass for it in the next few days. But the action is smooth, and Remington's factory trigger isn't too horrible.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
My new AR arrived yesterday from Spike's and I couldn't be more pleased. I spent last night breaking down, cleaning, and getting re-accustomed to the weapon - it's been 10 years since I've handled the M-16. Everything was second nature to me, but I'd forgotten how big a pain in the arse it is to get the hand guards off. I never was Speedy Gonzales when it came to getting those things off. =)

The folks over at Spikes were great, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Thanks to everyone here who gave me advice and shared their experience with me. You were a big help! I now am now ready for the zombie apocalypse. =)

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

Very nice. Love that middy. Longer sight radius plus the extra gas system/handguard length allows you to actually mount a bayonet just in case the zombies run you dry. Go kill something with it and post pics.

Because I've become a wus in my old age I have one of these to make handguard removal easy. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1547/Product/AR_15_M16_HANDGUARD_REMOVAL_TOOL

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Very nice. Love that middy. Longer sight radius plus the extra gas system/handguard length allows you to actually mount a bayonet just in case the zombies run you dry. Go kill something with it and post pics.

Because I've become a wus in my old age I have one of these to make handguard removal easy. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1547/Product/AR_15_M16_HANDGUARD_REMOVAL_TOOL

Hey, using that thing is cheating! Plus, if I use that then I won't get a chance to invent new curse words.

It's funny that you mention using a bayonet. Cheaper than Dirt opened a new store not far from me, and they had a M7 bayonet for sale for $30 without the scabbard. Don't think I didn't consider buying it. =)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Accuracy International and a few other aftermarket manufacturers have stated that the VTR barrel profile will drop in (within reason) to their products. Not sure if I want to spring for an AI stock that costs more than the rifle did, but we'll see.

TexHill, nice toy!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm a big fan of the XD series. I've got the .45 compact (4"). It's been a great pistol.
I had a couple of 'em ... really liked their entire series. They were kine' of a GLOCK that finally got it right ... a CLOCK (?). At least a GLOCK w/ lipstick & eyeliner. But I sold 'em all. I just could NOT get used to the grip safety that HAD to be depressed prior to opening the slide. Annoying ...

Still, a pretty darn good pistol.

TRICK OR TREAT !!!!!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm a big fan of the XD series. I've got the .45 compact (4"). It's been a great pistol.

I love mine. About 500 flawless rounds through it. My Glock 36 had all sorts of issues so it replaced it. I still carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 as my CCW but the this XD9 sc is a great little gun.