• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
A really fine video on the M16A2 by Henry Chan - who is a gun nerd of high regard. Highly recommend his channel.

My M16A4 clone with the stock round handguards is by far my favorite rifle for relaxing range days - and even with my amateur skills, hitting a steel gong at 300 meters is fun and just a little challenging. This rifle is a self-build around a genuine GI FN barrel. I have a surplus KAC M5 railed handguard to complete the early USMC GWOT look, but the original plastic handguards are far more practical, lighter and comfortable.

1662154373281.png

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Over the weekend, Springfield Armory released their 1911 DS Prodigy - their own take on a "2011". Initial reviews are very favorable and SA is disrupting the double stack 1911 game peviously owned by custom makers like STI/Staccato, SVI, etc with entry points at $3K minimum. This looks masterful and if you appreciate a true SA trigger with high capacity and build quality to match, your wishes have been fulfilled. I'll put one on the buy list!

1662471956558.png

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I rarely shoot for group size anymore just quick hits on silhouette targets. That said I've shot a good bit of Prvi Partizan 5.56. It's good stuff. I agree with Chuck. AimSurplus is good to go as well. I buy a lot of ammo from them.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Over the weekend, Springfield Armory released their 1911 DS Prodigy - their own take on a "2011". Initial reviews are very favorable and SA is disrupting the double stack 1911 game peviously owned by custom makers like STI/Staccato, SVI, etc with entry points at $3K minimum. This looks masterful and if you appreciate a true SA trigger with high capacity and build quality to match, your wishes have been fulfilled. I'll put one on the buy list!

View attachment 36247

Just saw a video on TTAG about magazine issues with the Prodigy. The as shipped Duramags seem to have issues with multiple FTF. The guns seem to like Checkmate magazines. Heck, I like Checkmates for my .45 ACP 1911s.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Oh, did someone say 1911s. Yeah, I like an arched mainspring housing. ? Also run either Nighthawk, EGW, or Wilson Combat flat springs in all of them.

The three on the left are all Kimbers in .45 ACP. Desert Warrior TFS. Custom II. Ultra II 3” (old carry gun).

The three on the right are all Springfield in 9mm. Stainless Range Operator for matches (IDPA ESP). Blue RO Operator now has Jarvis threaded barrel for use with Obsidian 9 can. RO Compact was IDPA CCP gun. Now my carry gun.

E904FC5E-6D8A-4642-9C86-75993E64B984.jpeg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
@Gatordev is this your barrel?

I have one and it shot great, but it's currently attached to an upper that's wrapped up and stored for the moment. I have a V7 barrel in my Block 2 currently. Weighs the same, but was put in there to make it more precision oriented. Not that the SOCOM barrel is a slouch in the accuracy department. Honestly, the V7 barrel, while amazing, was an unnecessary purchase.

Here it is in its current form, except it now sports a Badger Ordnance optic mount (that G-mount is the incorrect model and I believe it's for a SR-25, but it came with the scope).

50286018081_d2212e6ca6_b.jpg