• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
So, this may be a question for a lawyer, but I'll throw it up here just in case someone has had experience with it.

I have a trust for my sbr and silencer and would like to sbr an AK47 pistol. My trust is for Florida and I just filled out a form 20 (temporary out of state transfer) for primary. I figure I'll do that until I get to the fleet and then get the trust amended for my new actual state.

Question is, can I file a form 1, using my Florida trust and once it's approved file a form 20 to transfer hypothetical sbr out of state, then take pistol to gunsmith with approved form 1 and form 20 to get the underfolder stock done here in Texas? Thus making it an a legal sbr?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Anyone else find it amusing that they're selling a semi-auto version with a spare barrel?

If you're spending $10K on a gun, you can probably (hopefully) pay to feed it, so shooting out a barrel isn't out of the question. I don't know what kind of barrel FN uses in its M249 semi, but you can shoot out a Colt 6920/6921 in 10K rounds fairly easy (maybe less if you use cheaper ammo like regular Wolf).

Now, the real question is: will the average buyer of the M249 semi actually shoot it? And that, I'd argue, has a different answer.

So, this may be a question for a lawyer, but I'll throw it up here just in case someone has had experience with it.

I have a trust for my sbr and silencer and would like to sbr an AK47 pistol. My trust is for Florida and I just filled out a form 20 (temporary out of state transfer) for primary. I figure I'll do that until I get to the fleet and then get the trust amended for my new actual state.

Question is, can I file a form 1, using my Florida trust and once it's approved file a form 20 to transfer hypothetical sbr out of state, then take pistol to gunsmith with approved form 1 and form 20 to get the underfolder stock done here in Texas? Thus making it an a legal sbr?

The trust is a "person" in FL, so that "person" can apply to make a firearm in FL, regardless of where you are. However, when you file the Form 1, you have to put an address of the trust. I haven't cracked the code on whether that address has to be in the same state as the entity of your Trust. I suppose it depends on if Trust A meets State B's trust requirements. I just don't know the answer to that one.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now, the real question is: will the average buyer of the M249 semi actually shoot it? And that, I'd argue, has a different answer.
Sort of like the question "who is willing to bother loading the 500 disintegrating links the thing comes with?"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not really a "latest purchase," but the first time I got to stretch her legs was today. Out to 850 with 175 SMKs on a 18" diamond.

IMG_0627.JPG ATACR.reticle.800yds.JPG

Last edited: