• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nice Garand and pretty quick turnaround.

Was re-zeroing my new toy after the eForm 1 arrived the other day.
IMG_0447_zpsyrfhyqlo.jpg

OscarMyers

None
Wow, that is quick! I think I had 60-90 day wait times for my M1 orders. If you have not been yet, the CMP forums offer a tremendous wealth of knowledge.

It looks like you got a great set of stocks. Did yours come cleaned up or still covered in cosmoline?

Last question, when are you ordering your next one?

You will, I have yet to meet anybody with just one Garand that does not want another one.

It was pretty clean, all I did was use a heat gun to pull out the last little bit of cosmoline, a mineral spirit wipe down and some Boiled linseed oil. And yes, I'm already planning my next one with all matching numbers and cartouches. lol. Might not happen until the fall, but its in the back of my head. I need to stock up on M2 ball before I go buying another mouth to feed.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Just picked up a G19 from the local CGX around the corner. Pro Tip: If you're in the market for a Glock, they do Mil/LEO pricing (mine was $437.99) and it's tax free. Hell, they even discount them during the storewide sales. I'm kicking myself for not buying one when they were discounted by 15% during the Black Friday/Weekend sale in November.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That was not the case at the Camp Pendleton MCX. It was full retail. And because it was CA, you could only get the Gen 3.

Not a bad price with no tax. I've been eyeing a Gen 4 from G.T. Distributors, but with shipping and a transfer fee, it would still come out more than your deal.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
My latest purchase was converting my mk18 mod0ish clone to a poor mod1 clone. I will take pictures and post them later.

I made the switch because I knew I would shoot better, but man I liked the look of the Mod0. I will need to buy another Mod0 upper sometime soon to have both.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice Garand and pretty quick turnaround.

Was re-zeroing my new toy after the eForm 1 arrived the other day.
IMG_0447_zpsyrfhyqlo.jpg

Is that an actual MP5? I would love one of those but found real ones (not replicas) to be a bit higher priced than I thought they would be. Very nice.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is that an actual MP5? I would love one of those but found real ones (not replicas) to be a bit higher priced than I thought they would be. Very nice.

No, it is not a H&K. The only way I think I'd spend the money on a real H&K is to get one with a sear in it, but that would be an order of magnitude higher in cost. Mine is technically an Atlantic Firearms model, but in reality, it's made by DJ Getz, who is one of the more respected MP5 makers, but not quite as expensive as top-tier clone makers. It does have a bunch of German parts in it, but most importantly, it functions, which seems to be the wildcard with some cheaper manufacturers.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone ever seen/bought one of the new keyhole-esque handguards lately? At some point (i.e when I get hired) I've considered taking apart my M4gery and putting a match 18-20 inch barrel on it. Seeing as that would require a new gas system, I figured it would be a good excuse to switch to a free-floating handguard. I've been eyeing some of those in lieu of a quad-rail cheesegrater.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
You mean like this? It's a 13" Geissele Mark 2 rail on an 18" upper. It's not a keymod, but it has customizable rail sections and is a lot lighter than a quad-rail.

210hhft.jpg