• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MY chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Speaking of nasty...any other candidates who trained this summer feeling a little nasty back on campus? The chow is so good, I have so much time to eat it, and my bed is so comfortable. A prescription for nastyness. The weather is getting worse, I'm skating on PT, and hitting the drinking bar instead of the pull-up bar. If you're nasty and you know it clap your hands (I'm clapping like hell right now). So, usmcecho4, I'm with you brother...This candidate is nasty and thats a fact.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Do they really call you Nasty as much as people make it seem? I've been hearing about this for about a year now, and it sounds like regardless of how you perform, you are always nasty. Just some are nastier than others.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Oh yes, they call you nasty so much you'll think it's your first name! DocT, I read you loud and clear. I got seriously nasty when I got back to civilian life. I'm literally counting down the days to Nov. 28 when I can get back into the flow of "life." I agree about the chow being so good (though I didn't mind Bobo Hall all that much, especially morning chow) and having plenty of time to eat. Although, my girlfriend hates it because we'll go out to dinner and I'll literally be done with a big 14 oz steak by the time she's taken 3 bites! I have to disagree with you about the beds. Sure, my bed here at home might be a little more comfortable, but man, I slept like a baby up at OCS. I loved those nights where I didn't pull fire watch so I could literally sleep from Taps until Reveille.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Roger that, PSno2. Maybe I'd sleep even better if my girlfriend woke up and pounded on my hatch screaming "Staff Sergeant, The time on deck is 0415!" and repeated every five minutes until lights. One thing that has definitely carried over from OCS is how much I love rack ops. Oh, and Bobo wasn't that bad, however my girlfriend did get creeped out when I'd sit all locked up and stare at her forehead while shoveling food in my mouth.

usmcecho4

pilot
They must have finally fixed Bobo Hall since I was there. That place was so messed up that they flew in a Warrant Officer from Japan to try to fix it. The Taj Ma ****ter was good though, way better than the Sgt's quarters ever were. I agree about Nov 28th it's about time to get paid.

kill,
usmcecho4

Crowbar

None
Ummm, no. You don't understand my point. Each board varies. What is competitive and gets people selected on one board may not have worked for the previous board or may not work in the future. It all depends on how many and who apply for each board. Telling someone "Hey I have X stats and got in on Y board" is quite different from "Hey I had X stats and you're a shoe-in with Z stats". There's no consistency between who does and doesn't get selected.

The only sure thing in the selection process is that people who don't meet the minimums and/or don't apply won't get selected.

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
let's not forget that you have to pass an air physical to be qualified (if youre going for pilot), and it consists of many parts.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
the air physical isnt bad... unless that is you do it at Fairchild AFB in Spokane, WA. They dialated my eyes for the second eye exam, and when my hour was up, and they were ready to bring me in with fully dialated eyes, the fire alarm went off... Yep, it was about 1PM in the middle of June, and not a cloud in the sky, let me tell you how much fun that 20 minutes was. Anyway, back to my point, the flight one physical was cake for me, the only problem I had was signing the dental forms because I couldn't see for Shizzy after that dialation.

usmcecho4

pilot
Down at PAX River they dialated my eyes then had me try to fill out paper work. I had to get an HN to dictate my answers to. Then they sent me all over the hospital to the different stations--needless to say I got totally lost and everyone thought I was insane/on drugs. Oh yeah and then they didn't have any of those sunglasses so when the Gunny gave me money for lunch and told me to a couple of blocks to a Subway I did it cupping my eyes with my hands and peeking through the slits between my fingers. Now that was motivating.

s/f.
usmcecho4

That dilation was good stuff... like getting high, but perfectly legal. Though I haven't heard of anyone taking home the eye drops to abuse at home.

Would be a fun prank on roomates though ;)

makoslim

Air candidate 188
hmm... makes you think the stupid crap that happens while your eyes are dialated are on purpose... They don't need to do it for a "second" eye exam, they just want to mess with your head before the instructors get to. I bet that was fun reading the subway menu! I couldn't see anything within about 10 feet of me! I got lost in the hospital too, funny $hit happens when you can't see!

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
Chances

The chances for getting selected to OCS vary and true no one here can predict final out comes. I went through OCC 169 in 1998. OCS hasn't changed that much other than a few things here or there. However, the things boards looked for then, were a little different then what they will/won't allow now. The best thing you can do to get selected is be in shape, and make yourself more "marketable" to the Marine Corps board. After that, all you can do is sit back and wait on thr results. However, if you get the call, hit the ground running and don't look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.