• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MV-22 transiton to Anything?

MightyMax56

Plopter Pilot
pilot
Has any purebred MV-22 Pilot successfully transitioned to military flying elsewhere, i.e. Coast Guard, Army Active/Guard/Reserves, Airforce Active/Guard/Reserves? I'm interested to see what other services value from our flight time and if they would want us as fixed wing pilots or helicopter. Asking for a friend.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
You can transition to another osprey fleet squadron if you want... heard that's all the rage these days.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I don't know anyone who has done that. There is the CV exchange but that's more ploptering. I get the idea that your 'friend' wants to fly something else;)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
There are some former Osprey dudes flying MC-12s and the like for AFSOC...

MightyMax56

Plopter Pilot
pilot
There are some former Osprey dudes flying MC-12s and the like for AFSOC...
Do you know if that's gold to blue transition into active duty or some type of guard/reserve gig. Going to three back to back deploying squadrons is not ideal.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Got a buddy rushing the NYANG RSQ unit, they seem to be pretty receptive to him. But the AF doesn't treat helo trained guys the same way we do. I'm not sure how the NGB would look at it. I'll ask him about it next time I see him.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Do you know if that's gold to blue transition into active duty or some type of guard/reserve gig. Going to three back to back deploying squadrons is not ideal.

Not an Active Duty transition gig. When’s your MSR? Have you looked at the airline and reserve combo ?

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I think it sucks how you guys get screwed on flight time. But...I'm sure you guys could fly one of these... :D
boeing_bell_xv_16a_plr_vtol_by_bispro-d31u23u.jpg

ba609.jpg

XC-142-11b.jpg

18357100.jpg

djj34

pilot
If you're close to the end of your commitment and even considering to go the 121 route, there are a few options that are available. A former shitter guy was going down the line of tilt/skid booths at the Miramar Air Show handing out flyers for PSA and their rotary wing transition program. He was emphasizing that the 121 world (including the legacies) is finally starting to wake up to the fact that V-22 guys are going to be valuable hiring options in the near future. If that's even the case I can PM you his deets.

As far as your initial question goes, I've never heard of it. Only guys who have gotten out, finished their contracts and sought life elsewhere.

nukon

pilot
Was talking to a guy who has a buddy that crossed over to the 'finer seafaring service,' the USCG. Unclear whether it was fixed or rotary, and I believe they bump you down a pay grade for the privilege.

MightyMax56

Plopter Pilot
pilot
The rotor to ATP thing seem like the best bet, all the guys getting out from my squadron are doing that but they are cutting the cord completely from the military. I'm worried about going to a Reserve MV-22 squadron with the sheer amount of dudes getting out. I think of all the company grade in my squadron I can think of 3 maybe 4 that are planning on staying in, so I wouldn't want to get sucked into some stop gap for the same problem I was trying to leave.

djj34

pilot
I feel like your observation is pretty universal in our community, which is definitely not getting any better. Even then, no one I went through 35 or 204 with wants to stay in.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
The rotor to ATP thing seem like the best bet, all the guys getting out from my squadron are doing that but they are cutting the cord completely from the military. I'm worried about going to a Reserve MV-22 squadron with the sheer amount of dudes getting out. I think of all the company grade in my squadron I can think of 3 maybe 4 that are planning on staying in, so I wouldn't want to get sucked into some stop gap for the same problem I was trying to leave.

Why are you worried about going to a reserve squadron? If you have some quals you could have a shot. They need Captains to flight plan for all the Majors and LtCols!

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Why are you worried about going to a reserve squadron? If you have some quals you could have a shot. They need Captains to flight plan for all the Majors and LtCols!

I interpreted that as being concerned he'd be recalled for Korean War II...

MightyMax56

Plopter Pilot
pilot
More like not having enough TACs or people with quals to deploy anywhere and calling up the reserves since the only solution to the community is make more pilots.