• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MV-22 transiton to Anything?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The rotor to ATP thing seem like the best bet, all the guys getting out from my squadron are doing that but they are cutting the cord completely from the military. I'm worried about going to a Reserve MV-22 squadron with the sheer amount of dudes getting out. I think of all the company grade in my squadron I can think of 3 maybe 4 that are planning on staying in, so I wouldn't want to get sucked into some stop gap for the same problem I was trying to leave.

Valid concern.

Recommend doing the RTP thing at one of the AA wholly Owned regionals so at least you’re still making progress towards getting to a major if/when you’re on mil leave via the flow.

You’ll find a lot of regional guys outside of those airlines shit on it but depending on company, attrition from the top of the seniority list (and thus your movement) is upto 10% a year (bringing you closer to your fallback option of flowing). Piedmont is currently flowing the fastest (5 years) followed by PSA (10 years) and Envoy (12.5 years). However, projected new hire flow rates are Piedmont (5 years), Envoy (6-8 years) and PSA (7-9 years).

You’re going to make more $ per day as a reservist than a regional pilot so getting tapped for orders will help ease the financial burden of transition.

And also, flight current military pilots are usually held in a higher esteem by airline recruitment departments than folks who fall into the “used to be” military category. As more airlines move to recognize v22 as being valued similarly to fixed wing multi engine time, being flight current as a reservist may help you score that interview sooner.