• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MUST SEE FILM: Operation Red Flag

For anyone interested in military aviation, this really is a must see! This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Great camera shots from the cockpit.

http://www.fighterpilotfilm.com/

About the Film:
At Red Flag, the international training exercise for the air forces of allied countries, hundreds of pilots meet for the most challenging flying of their careers.

Rg9

pilot
Saw it a couple years ago at the Air Force Museum. Wasn't too impressed... seemed like the guys making it had no knowledge of military aviation. This was awhile ago, so maybe my impression was wrong, but it seemed like it was geared toward the general public who also had no knowledge of military aviation (which was probably, understandably, intentional).

Is that torrent link to a pirated copy (since it always is)? Probably should take that off AW.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Come on man, you can't be serious...

Good initiative, bad judgement

snake020

Contributor
Good cinematography.
Awful film.

Saw a prescreening at the IMAX in downtown Sacramento in March 2005. Maj Novotny (also in the film) was there, hyped it up as "the Air Force's long overdue answer to Top Gun." It was so good I fell asleep about half an hour into the film.

Understandably, if you've flown military aircraft this film might not be very exciting or even accurate. As a wannabe, however, it's pretty cool stuff. TG is also completely unrealistic, yet I'd wager most of us have seen it more than once.

Is that torrent link to a pirated copy (since it always is)? Probably should take that off AW.

Sorry about the torrent link, though. Didn't really think about it.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Nope, this wannabe thought it was incredibly uninteresting as well. There are French military aviation films that are light years ahead.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Anyone ever see that series American Fighter Pilot about the AF F-15 "RAG" (or whatever they call it)? It was produced/filmed by Tony and Ridley Scott. I own it on DVD, cool to watch, but somewhat cheesy... The editing is a little too jumpy too.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
I'll admit, I own it on DVD. Sure it does have some cheesy/ghey moments and ascots are in full force, but at least it looks good in Windows HD...