• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motorcycle license

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
I wish I was commissioned already. My OCS date is not till Aug, a long wait from may.

And yes the additional class was because it was a sport. Just let your recruiter know, right now he is your only point of contact with the military anyways.

Bergers2short

None
NRD New England's collegiate manager sent out an e-mail mandating that we inform them of whether or not we owned a motorcycle a month or so ago. From that, I'd assume they were collecting the information to ensure that BDCPers were taking the course.

BigRed389

None
NRD New England's collegiate manager sent out an e-mail mandating that we inform them of whether or not we owned a motorcycle a month or so ago. From that, I'd assume they were collecting the information to ensure that BDCPers were taking the course.

Welcome to the Navy. Lesson 1: ORM and Micromanagement
:icon_tong

BUDU

Just talked to my recruiter's replacement today--some paperwork had been lost in the shuffle when my old recruiter got reassigned. While I had him on the line I asked him just to confirm, so yeah, it's just the MSF course.

Aaaand now I'm in the market for a small cruiser... :icon_tong

Stick

pilot

He probably sent that email out because of the Navy's new push for accountability. Recently a message came out for all commands to get info on all current and future riders. If you are BDCP and technically enlisted then I guess that includes you.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I've been riding since 1967 (no jokes about my age, or I will be forced to remind you of what your mothers looked like 42 years ago :) ). Started out with dirt bikes, then an old ironhead, then a couple of Dynas and finally a Geezer glide. That being said, I did not take the course until 2002 or so. Quite surprisingly, I learned some stuff from the course. My slow speed manuvers are much, much better now.

Old habits die hard.....a few days ago I was heading home from Fallon. Clear, warm and relatively traffic free. About a quarter mile ahead of me I saw a small car turn off the road. Sure enough, I saw his front wheels turn towards me. Backed off on the throttle and sure as sheiiiiit, he made a u-turn across four lanes of traffice. Gotta assume that everything out there has the potential to kill you. Plan your escape route.

That being said, and to echo what others have said....take the course and don't be the turd who gets written up because of bad gouge from a buddy.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Somewhere, there is a GSO drooling, reading this thread, ready and waiting with a 15 minute training brief.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Somewhere, there is a GSO drooling, reading this thread, ready and waiting with a 15 minute training brief.

There isn't a Ground Safety Officer anywhere, drooling about anything safety related. Somewhere there's a Safety Officer that just found some tasking for his GSO.

BUDU

Took the course a couple of weeks ago, and the bike I bought just passed inspection. I bought a 1973 Honda CL350 with 6000 miles on it...took it out this evening. So much fun!