• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Motivation dropping due to scheduling blues

There's a back up in the FRS for me as well right now. I'm sure one of these days I'll be doing 2-3 events a day, every day, and I'll be wishing I had some free time. I'm just trying to enjoy my down time right now.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back to being on top of the world in sunny P'cola. And when I fly again, I'm going to be the Grand Master Iron Chef Power Ranger of ELP Stalls and departing radio calls. P'Cola departure is going to worship my nuts at how studied up I am on those calls. Preeetty sure they'll divert traffic out of the way of the awesomeness wake.
Now there's HOPE... and CHANGE we can all vote for.:D Carry on!;)
BzB

TXSooner07

None
And always keep in mind your civilian buddies with 9-5 (7-6 in reality) jobs who get 10 days off per year. You've already had as much time off in 1 month as they get in 2 years. In fact, I bet I had just as many days off in flight school as a corporate worker bee has in their whole career.

NavyDad82

This is some entertaining stuff! AllYourBass, all this is good advice. It's like the internet version of hanging out in the ready room. If people are giving you shit, you are part of the club. On the day to day stuff just keep studying your ass off. Be ready for every event. Don't worry about what you can't control...life in the Navy will be a lot easier if you believe this. Fly Navy.

croakerfish

pilot
The best thing to do in this situation (BTDT at Milton myself) is to snag as much OFT time as you can. That means Friday and Saturday night most of the time, when no one else wants to be there.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Or go out and party with your friends. Seriously. For all the free time you have, the Navy will get it back from you eventually. Typically during your fleet tour towards the end. And deployment.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Finally, Ignore that crap about "suck it up, shut up, there are a hundred other guys that would give their left nut to be where you are" Who gives a F about what they would do...YOU got there not them. Darwin, you exceeded them in one or more areas and that is why YOU are there and not them. Life is not run by people who want it more, it is run by those who DO it more. Just be one who DOES it more!
ssnspoon, your opinion is valid, that is with the exception of the last paragraph, which is condescending bullshit. Others who have just as valid opinions as yours... are Not Crap opinions simply because you don't like them, or their style. Opinions are just that, opinions. I trust that the OP is smart and mature enough to take from various styles of advice, draw on, and be motivated by those that suit him best, not just yours. Get off your angry horse!:rolleyes:
BzB

*EDIT:
Misunderstanding resolved amicably by PM, returned to course... steaming as before!:)
BzB, 03-22-'14 14:42hrs

Last edited:

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
sammys.png

Pussy.

exNavyOffRec

And always keep in mind your civilian buddies with 9-5 (7-6 in reality) jobs who get 10 days off per year. You've already had as much time off in 1 month as they get in 2 years. In fact, I bet I had just as many days off in flight school as a corporate worker bee has in their whole career.

Well this corporate guy gets 30 days off per year :D

To the OP, this is what I always told my guys, take advantage of the times when you have lots of time off, because just around the corner is a time when you will be working your ass off for who knows how long.

TXSooner07

None
Well this corporate guy gets 30 days off per year :D

I hope you use it! I remember some senior people at my old company had 6 weeks vacation but never used it either because they were addicted to their work or they were relied upon so heavily that it wasn't feasible to use it.

Renegade One

None
…hanging out in the ready room. If people are giving you shit, you are part of the club. ...Be ready for every event. Don't worry about what you can't control...life in the [Naval Service] will be a lot easier if you believe this...
Some good words of wisdom here… "Learn it. Know it. Live it."