• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOS's for Air/NFO contractees

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel

You can't spell lost without Lt.
At TBS do Air/NFO contractees still get to pick a ground MOS as a backup for lets say they become a fallen angel or for whatever reason? While at TBS ground contractee's can still pick up Air/NFO contracts but that can't happen vice versa, correct?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Do you mean "fallen angel" during aviation training? If you drop during flight training, you are entirely subject to the "needs of the Marine Corps" at the time.

If you mean dropping at TBS, the policy changes periodically. I'll leave it to the current newbies on that one. When I went 10 years ago, if you dropped your contract, you would compete with everyone else at MOS time. I'm told that has changed since. You can't, however, keep your flight contract, get a ground MOS, see if you like it, then drop out of your air contract.

As to your last sentence, ground contracts can go for air, but the available slots are VERY scarce for them at TBS.

mat

Right now those who DOR at TBS get the left over MOS slots after all ground contracts select. I think that is because the shortage, but what I heard was OSOs were getting people in via air contract when ground slots were gone. This was suppose to stop that. I knew a couple of people who were attrited at Kingsville. From what I remember they gave there top three choices after attrition. Not sure if they got what they wanted or not. I heard a rumor that selection was better after attrition or DOR at flight school, but I have not evidence to back it.

reapergm

Every air contract selects a preference of ground MOSs just like the ground guys do.. for exactly that = incase something happens to you physically or academically to prevent you from flying. There are a few people who have picked up air contracts here, and a few who have given it up to go ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.