• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOS Selection

MettGT

pilot
I stand corrected. What MettGT says is true, unless of course that NAMI physical has expired. My point is that any physical done at Quantico will be secondary to a NAMI physical once you get down to Pcola.

You're right about NAMI having the last say, but for clarification for others, you only need to see the docs at NAMI once (unless you need a waiver, but that's another story). The initial NAMI flight physical is good for 2 years, and if that physical is going to expire while you're at TBS, you get a flight physical in Quantico. When you get to Pensacola, you'll still need a flight physical, but it'll just be from the docs over at the branch clinic, not NAMI.

There are some people that didn't go to NAMI before OCS/commissioning/whatever and got just a plain jane flight physical from the nearest flight surgeon. If you're one of these people, then, yes, when you get to Pensacola, you'll have to have one done at NAMI.

shroutr

MOS & Duty Station Selection for JAG

Ladies and Gentlemen-
First, let me apologize if this question has been asked and/or answered somewhere else on this forum. I did my best to scan the posts to make sure that it was not.

I am in my third and final year of law school and have a JAG contract. Can someone explain the MOS selection process, or more importantly, the duty station selection process for JAG. The reason I ask is not really because I care where I will be stationed, but because my wife must start looking for a job as soon as possible after we find out where I will be stationed. I understand that MOS selection occurs somewhere around the 14th week of BOC, but what about duty stations?
Thank you, in advance, for your help

MettGT

pilot
Ladies and Gentlemen-
First, let me apologize if this question has been asked and/or answered somewhere else on this forum. I did my best to scan the posts to make sure that it was not.

I am in my third and final year of law school and have a JAG contract. Can someone explain the MOS selection process, or more importantly, the duty station selection process for JAG. The reason I ask is not really because I care where I will be stationed, but because my wife must start looking for a job as soon as possible after we find out where I will be stationed. I understand that MOS selection occurs somewhere around the 14th week of BOC, but what about duty stations?
Thank you, in advance, for your help

I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that JAG officers don't get assigned duty stations until they are in JAG school. Like SNAs, JAGs don't really participate in in MOS selection because they already have a contract that specifies what kind of MOS they have.

Zbone8762

You get a new physical down in P-cola whether you need it or not. It would suck to be one of those guys who gets all the way down to p-cola, so close to flight school, and fail the physical with NAMI (Post TBS). - (I worried about this when I came down).

Clux4

Banned
I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that JAG officers don't get assigned duty stations until they are in JAG school. Like SNAs, JAGs don't really participate in in MOS selection because they already have a contract that specifies what kind of MOS they have.

The ones I knew got their locations at TBS. The monitor put them in a room and everyone figured out what they wanted from what was available. From what they told me, it worked out for everyone. The web orders will not say a particular unit, it will just tell you to report to 2ND MarDiv(East Coast) or a maybe Base in your case. Things still change between TBS and the end of MOS school but I doubt your coast preference will change. I am not sure you are even authorized a PCS move to JAG school, so you might have to send you wife in advance to your duty station to go house hunting.