• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOS Selection at TBS

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
I know it varies from Company to Company and the demands of the USMC. But i have heard that some companies get more combat arms MOS' than others. Is there any truth to that? I read in a previous post that Charlie gets alot of Combat Arm MOS'

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Some will get more than others, but it's not predictable that way to any real extent. One year it might be "C," another year, "A," etc.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Take my company for an example. 270 Lt's. 150 of us were Pilots/NFO's. 11 Infantry spots, 1 Tank slot, 2 Human Intel, etc...talked to other dudes who has something like 20 or more infantry in different companies.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Here's a good way to game the system: do really well, talk to your SPC, and convince all the other guys that the MOS you secretly want sucks.

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
I think it has a lot to do with the MOS school's training cycle and open slots for that certain time. The word when I was at TBS was that my Co (C '06) had an entire IOC class to fill, hence we got 60 something infantry slots, whereas the next three companies had a class to split between them, so they got around 20 or so slots each............supply and demand.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Alpha and Bravo typically split an IOC class. The rest seem to get their own.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I think it has a lot to do with the MOS school's training cycle and open slots for that certain time. The word when I was at TBS was that my Co (C '06) had an entire IOC class to fill, hence we got 60 something infantry slots, whereas the next three companies had a class to split between them, so they got around 20 or so slots each............supply and demand.

True. C '07 also filled its own IOC class while A & B split one.