• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MOS Selection - Air to Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I might have to take a ground contract then switch to air later because my package is up against about 5 other SNFO applicants for a single slot (small NFO mission for freshmen). Its a mad mad world.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Went to OCS with a bubba who had an air contract. Saw him again at TBS where he dropped it to go infantry. Saw him on the first float as a Marine platoon commander. Saw him again 2 years later on the 2nd float as a Navy SEAL officer after he had done an interservice transfer. It can be a strange world.

chinamonk

Semper- if you're really thinking of dropping it, my somewhat experienced opinion is to drop it AFTER you get to FLIGHT SCHOOL and the ball has been rolling for a while. The 'pre-flight' you probably are referring to is IFS, which is done before TBS now. Dropping it at tbs puts you into the MOS selection circus. I have personally seen better odds for folks dropping it at flight school. Lots of intel actually. My roomate at TBS attrited from the flight program and got signals intel in san diego. sweet.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Semper I, eh?
Look, if you don't want a flight contract, let them know now. If you hang on to it throughout TBS and then drop it at the end, or DOR during API or Primary, you're 1) kinda hosing people who actually wanted a contract, yet couldn't get an available slot and 2) costing the Corps a lot of money sending you around for something you have no intention of finishing. There's plenty of chances to get combat arms at TBS, as there are usually a number of slots for them. The MOSs available for fallen angels are usually non-CA one's, and are still based on your TBS performance and what's available that week. If you want to be a ground guy, go the way that the other 99% of the ground guys went....

I dunno, this topic just kind of rubs me the wrong way.

/blah

Status
Not open for further replies.