• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More Questions about Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
I have been curious about pay at TBS. I read in the booklet they send you that you should expect to pay about 500 dollars a month for TBS items. I was wondering if that has increased. I was also wondering basically what one can expect for expenses. What is take home from your base pay. I know it will be different for some because of time in service, but any feedback would be nice.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
At Quantico as a boot Lt you'll make base pay + ~$160 for BAS and ~$160 for partial BAH. I seem to remember my paychecks being around $890 or so every two weeks, but I'm not sure - I think at the time I had a $100 TSP allotment too. The vast majority of expenses at TBS are eating out. The chow hall wears on you fast, and you'll become very familiar with Sam's Pizza/Subs (*****in sandwiches and a couple cute waitresses), IHOP, Ruby Tuesdays and any of the other 5 or 6 restaurants in Garrisonville (I'd advise against the Arby's - I got bad food poisoning there once). TBS-related stuff isn't a big chunk of money, but it seems like they're always hitting you up for company dues or some crap like that. You pay the dues, yet you still have to shell out a bunch for ball tickets, mess night, and such - we all swore someone was running a racket. If you're not paying for a car or student loans or whatnot, TBS is a pretty good opportunity to save up some money, which will be helpful come time for that first PCS move outta there.

/+2 Firstie makin the 'big bucks' now :)

Killer2

TRONS!
None
PCS move if your married and moving down to P'cola (as SNFO) then I thought the Marines paid. And about that partial BAH why was it not full BAH?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Killer2 said:
PCS move if your married and moving down to P'cola (as SNFO) then I thought the Marines paid. And about that partial BAH why was it not full BAH?

1) cause moving incures expenses unrelated to the actual transport of goods. ie. security deposits, furniture, utilities, etc...

2) unless you're married, you live in the Q, and thus get partial.

WTFover

Arctic Alpha
TBS Take-Home

Does anybody know what the average take-home after taxes/ dues and other crap you have to pay for will be every month?

plmtree

2264.40 (base pay) + 175.23 (BAS) + 13.20 (BAH-P) - 270 (Fed Tax S-00) - 180 (State Tax S-00) - 135 (Soc Sec) - 34 (Medicare) - 16.25 (SGLI) - .50 (USN/MC Ret Home) = 1817.08/month = 908.54/each payday
Keep in mind these numbers are for a single O-1 with no prior service, living in the Q, no allotments, no TSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.