• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS More mandatory training

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
An elective procedure taking many months and lots of money to accomplish isn't in the military's interest.
Kind of like getting pregnant while on sea duty. Not drawing equivalency here, just showing that there are examples in the health care realm that aren't directly "in the military's interest" from a readiness perspective, but we allow them because it may be good for the military member.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I agree, but telling women they can't get pregnant is a little problematic, and excluding half the population because they might get pregnant doesn't make sense. The trans issue affects only a tiny fraction of the population.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
True, but by that same token, telling someone with a mental illness that they can't receive the treatment that is indicated by their physician or psychiatrist is also... a little problematic. If you separate the emotional component many people have with this issue, it boils down to allowing people to get treated for their illnesses. I would encourage you to read some of the message traffic and instructions about this policy. I think you'll begin to appreciate what they're trying to do, even if you have unresolved issues with it from a philosophical point of view.

snake020

Contributor
... Sailors will have questions, and their leadership ought to be able to have answers and a frank discussion, if necessary...

When is Navy leadership going to have frank discussion about the role of senior officers in the GDMA scandal?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When is Navy leadership going to have frank discussion about the role of senior officers in the GDMA scandal?
Above our paygrade and not germane to this thread. Certainly a valid question, but as long as investigations/prosecutions are ongoing, I don't think you're going to see much.