• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More Islamic Violence... Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMan1976

Banned
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214167,00.html

"Violence erupted in some parts of the Middle East Saturday as Palestinians wielding guns, firebombs and lighter fluid attacked four churches in the West Bank town of Nablus, while gunmen opened fire at a fifth in Gaza."

The Pope makes a comment about Islam and this happens. Did we expect anything less (remember the Mohammed cartoons in Denmark)?? Boy, they sure don't do much to dispel the negative rep...

I wonder what would happen if every major world religion acted this way EVERY time something is said about them. Can you imagine if the Jews, Hindus, Christians, and Buddhists flipped out over this? Carlos Mencia Religious Royal Rumble!

How about sitting down and talking rather than rioting and burning churches when you disagree with someone? I get angrier and angrier every minute....

GMan1976

Banned
Stop evil from prevailing... American Congress For Truth

This is not just a "fundamentalist" Islam issue. This is what is being taught in all their schools and in their homes. It is a perpetual culture of hatred towards anything Western. Believe it.

Highly recommend this Duke Univ interview with Lebanese author Brigitte Gabriel:Interview

Brigitte Gabriel founded American Congress for Truth to give a voice to Americans, Jews and Christians, who have lost their tongue to political correctness. We have become a society unable to act or speak because we’re afraid to voice our opinion lest we would be sued and accused of being not fair minded.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I'd really like to say I am surprised. I saw the news regarding this topic this morning and the first thought was "here we go again".

Reminds me of the cartoon on Zipperfish regarding the same topic.

GMan1976

Banned
So let me put this out there. When do we as a society (global or otherwise) say "enough is enough"? And what would that entail? Where would we go from there? Obviously the status quo is ineffective. Thoughts?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
This is not just a "fundamentalist" Islam issue. This is what is being taught in all their schools and in their homes. It is a perpetual culture of hatred towards anything Western. Believe it.

And as long as you believe that...it will be true. Open your mind and your horizons a little beyond Fox News...

The more you see this conflict in terms of Islam vs. the West, the more it devolves into a conflct between Islam and the West...its a self-fufilling prophecy.

GMan1976

Banned
And as long as you believe that...it will be true. Open your mind and your horizons a little beyond Fox News...

The more you see this conflict in terms of Islam vs. the West, the more it devolves into a conflct between Islam and the West...its a self-fufilling prophecy.

This has been going on for far longer than Fox News even being in existence as a network.

Unfortunately, the LESS we see this conflict in terms of Islam vs. the West, the more it will devolve into a conflct in which we might never recover.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Unfortunately, the LESS we see this conflict in terms of Islam vs. the West, the more it will devolve into a conflct in which we might never recover

What the hell does this mean? What about the other 1.5 billion muslims who weren't out throwing rocks and firebombs....are they just hiding in wait??? I suppose the roughly 2 million or so Muslims in this country are really Osama bin Laden trainees waiting for the word...

Give me a flippin break.

This has been going on for far longer than Fox News even being in existence as a network.

Really? :sleep_125

GMan1976

Banned
What the hell does this mean? What about the other 1.5 billion muslims who weren't out throwing rocks and firebombs....are they just hiding in wait??? I suppose the roughly 2 million or so Muslims in this country are really Osama bin Laden trainees waiting for the word...

Give me a flippin break.

Really? :sleep_125

Well, I sure don't see them up n' arms about what their "bad apples" are doing!!! Where the hell are they on the tv condemning the violent protests? Not on CNN, not on MSNBC, not on Fox, and DEFINITELY not in ARABIC on Al Jazeera!

If you value your religion and your beliefs, you can not just sit back and watch what these people are doing and not speak out against that kind of behavior.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unfortunately, the LESS we see this conflict in terms of Islam vs. the West, the more it will devolve into a conflct in which we might never recover.

Using this logic, we should lock up all Christians because a handful of them bombed abortion clinics. I appreciate your frustration, but policy doesn't exist in a vacuum and we have no choice but to consider what the real world implications of what an all out war against Islam would mean. It's an impossible proposition, not to mention, a misguided one. We can't go around making it a crime or act of war just because a group of people don't like us. There are more effective means of dealing with those who take it to the next level. I agree that the moderate Muslim community ought to condemn violence more emphatically, but at the end of the day, you can't kill someone because they're indifferent. Most countries in the world would be happy to see the US knocked down a few notches, so from their perspective, they don't really have an incentive to denounce extremism.

Brett

GMan1976

Banned
Well, as I said, obviously the status quo is ineffective.

So how do we handle these "few"? Obviously they are still quite powerful and are still quite persuasive to the younger generation. So where do we go from here? Again, when do we as a society (global or otherwise) say "enough is enough"? And what would that entail?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, as I said, obviously the status quo is ineffective.

So how do we handle these "few"? Obviously they are still quite powerful and are still quite persuasive to the younger generation. So where do we go from here? Again, when do we as a society (global or otherwise) say "enough is enough"? And what would that entail?

The only thing we can really do is continue to improve our intel and to penetrate their organizations so that we can get the guys who are actually terrorists. It's easy to say things like "Enough is enough," but what else would you do? How do you propose we change our policies? We can't be everywhere at once. Even OUR power is finite.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.