• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Haha yeah I caught the humor. It will just be whatever it will be. Just not a fan of sharp objects but a shot or 2 isn't the end of the world.

Thanks
My experience is 15 years old but expect to get a lot of shots. I don’t specifically remember blood being drawn but that’s likely too

RoarkJr.

Haha yeah I caught the humor. It will just be whatever it will be. Just not a fan of sharp objects but a shot or 2 isn't the end of the world.

Thanks
They’ll have 2 parallel lines of corpsmen and you walk through as they stab. I may be confusing boot and OCS but the shots were pretty gnarly. Especially the one in the ass, that more so felt like my lower back.

TheSage

It ended up being 7 vaccines and 6 vials of blood for me. Builds character for a needle phob that's for sure. For any other needle phobs make sure you send in your right shot records. Oh and there wasn't the Ass shot.
At USMC OCS do they do a full blood panel?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Oh and there wasn't the Ass shot.
tenor.gif

Chrisrm

Just found out I've been selected for Juniors this summer. Currently base building on the running and studying general knowledge from NROTC PQS. Last PFT was 279.

Any pointers on how to be best prepared?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Don’t forget to practice your “Yut, yut”, “Oorah!” and “Devil Dog”.

Knife hands can wait until the second summer when you’re closer to being commissioned and need to perfect them before leading Marines.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Just found out I've been selected for Juniors this summer. Currently base building on the running and studying general knowledge from NROTC PQS. Last PFT was 279.

Keep working on the PFT, when I ran the intro PFT back in 2005 it was with a sore arm from a bunch of shots and they’re very strict about form.

Seaman4

I have a really, really stupid question: during OCS how do you deal with stomach cramps while in formation or anywhere? You cant be punished for having to go to the bathroom so is it justifiable to break off formation/ignore orders when its horribly bad to avoid an 'accident'?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I have a really, really stupid question: during OCS how do you deal with stomach cramps while in formation or anywhere? You cant be punished for having to go to the bathroom so is it justifiable to break off formation/ignore orders when its horribly bad to avoid an 'accident'?
Is shitting yourself a common occurrence?

RoarkJr.

Better to get chewed out than to be the guy who shat himself.

wonderb0iwl

Do the Marines require letters of recommendation for an air contract? Apparently they do but I can't actually find it anywhere on the application. Do they mean references? Or do they request the letters at the end of the process.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey guys,

I recently got my duty orders for NAMI, and I have a quick question. The document says, "I fully acknowledge my duties as a Naval Flight Officer Candidate in the Marine Officer Program.". I am planning on commissioning as an SNA, not NFO. I thought the NFO role in the Marine Corps had been phased out. After I took the ASTB, my OSO told me they don't even look at the FOFAR score anymore. I'm assuming the duty order may be written on an old template that hasn't been updated, but I wanted to ensure before I ask my OSO a dumb question. I never expressed interest in becoming an NFO, and I certainly never put it in writing. Is there a chance I've been an NFO candidate for the last three months without knowing?

You don’t have to post multiple threads and posts about this. One is enough.