• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

money money money

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
So I checked in to Corpus last week and a few things for those heading out here I guess (and some questions for those before me):

- Bring a copy of your lease and a "lease receipt". On this lease receipt, make sure it shows how much you have been paying a month for rent and that your name is on the lease and all of these are signed or typed up in a memo format by the company you are renting from. So for those who have been living with a buddy in Pensacola without your name on the lease, you could be losing out on some money. Apparently (I did not know this until after checking in), that they are going to "try" and return/reimburse some money that has been spent on rent during your stay in p'cola. To those who have already done this process, did you actually get any money back and how much or what % of it? This would be awesome, considering my roommate and I spent about $7,000 in rent the past six months, but it seems unlikely and almost too good to be true since we received BAH the whole time while in p'cola. I still don't understand how most of these things work.

- DLA is $1454 for O-1s, I am so new to the Navy that this was another pleasant surprise I did not know about until checking in.

The purpose of DLA is to partially reimburse a member, with or without dependents, for the expenses incurred in relocating the member's household on a PCS, housing moves ordered for the Government's convenience, or incident to an evacuation. This allowance is in addition to all other allowances authorized in this Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) and may be paid in advance

- Apparently, the new check-ins from my class are supposed to be collecting per diem dating back to the 19th of June or something like that when our orders were written up/processed by STUCON at p'cola. Our class didn't graduate until 9 July and most of us didn't check in until that Saturday. Is this true about the per diem? That's what one of the ladies in STUCON said, once again, sounds too good to be true though.

- For those opting to do DITY moves with their 600 lbs or less, the Navy is shelling out about $900 for it

- My roommate got the 10,000 lb DITY move and his sheet estimated about $3,080

Also the current wait seems to be about 3-4 weeks to classing up. With that said, I have five straight days of watch at the CNATRA building this week :(.

NA29697

I had my apartment place send the wing stucon office a letter with the info and it said how much I paid in rent and I am pretty sure I got all of my rent (from about three months in A-pool and API) reimbursed. It was a pretty good deal.

tjp2008

Also the current wait seems to be about 3-4 weeks to classing up. With that said, I have five straight days of watch at the CNATRA building this week :(.

Thanks for the pass down KCOTT. I think my roommate was in your API class and has given similar information.

With roughly 3-4 weeks to class up, have they been granting leave in the mean time? Or is it hard to get approved because they need bodies for the watch bill?

KCOTT

pilot
Thanks for the pass down KCOTT. I think my roommate was in your API class and has given similar information.

With roughly 3-4 weeks to class up, have they been granting leave in the mean time? Or is it hard to get approved because they need bodies for the watch bill?
everybody pretty much gets it if you ask for it, however, if you request leave and they had already made the schedule, get beer/bribe money ready because it's on you to fill the spot

so just take it as soon as you show up to avoid that

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I had my apartment place send the wing stucon office a letter with the info and it said how much I paid in rent and I am pretty sure I got all of my rent (from about three months in A-pool and API) reimbursed. It was a pretty good deal.

Huh? Am I missing something? Isn't this called "BAH"? ;)

everybody pretty much gets it if you ask for it, however, if you request leave and they had already made the schedule, get beer/bribe money ready because it's on you to fill the spot

so just take it as soon as you show up to avoid that

Best part about BDCP is taking tactical leave. Chill in pools until you get the dreaded phone call tasking you with something. Then promptly respond with "Oh, crap. Sorry ENS STASH, I was just submitting my leave chit tomorrow. I'll be gone all month!".

Those poor ROTC/Academy/OCS suckers have 0 leave or only a few days so they are stuck. :D

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Huh? Am I missing something? Isn't this called "BAH"? ;)

My guess is, only a guess, that technically we are entitled per diem for the time we have been down here. So rather than shell out the 16k in per diem, they are going to reimburse the amount we paid in rent.

Thats only my guess. It is based on a conversation with the ladies in N7 here that told us we were entitled per diem because of our TDY status. Entitled to, but not receiving because CINATRA had thus decreed. Again all hearsay.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
My guess is, only a guess, that technically we are entitled per diem for the time we have been down here. So rather than shell out the 16k in per diem, they are going to reimburse the amount we paid in rent.

Thats only my guess. It is based on a conversation with the ladies in N7 here that told us we were entitled per diem because of our TDY status. Entitled to, but not receiving because CINATRA had thus decreed. Again all hearsay.

Ya, I am still bitter about that. Because I was BDCP, I had orders from my prior permanent station to OCS and API (my NRD) and technically I believe I was TAD and was entitled to per diem. A fellow bdcper got like 7K in per diem during his stay in pcola, and I got a big "Fuck you". :icon_rage

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Ya, I am still bitter about that. Because I was BDCP, I had orders from my prior permanent station to OCS and API (my NRD) and technically I believe I was TAD and was entitled to per diem. A fellow bdcper got like 7K in per diem during his stay in pcola, and I got a big "Fuck you". :icon_rage

Moving down there next Thursday. If I get all my Pcola rent back...beers on me at the oclub when I arrive. For all. :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Those poor ROTC/Academy/OCS suckers have 0 leave or only a few days so they are stuck. :D

Not necissarily....a lot of ROTC dudes have a good deal of leave by the time they detach for Pcola. Pretty sure USNA folks generate leave throughout college just like you guys dide.

NA29697

I wasn't referring to BAH. I received BAH while in API and A-pool and then when I checked in to the wing in Corpus I received approximately $3500 which was what I paid in rent while living in Pensacola for about 5 months.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Per diem paid for lodging is only reimbursed for what was incurred, while the meals and incidentals portion of the daily rate is paid full whether you spend it or not. When they calculate your "lodging" they include your rent and other utilities: electricity, gas, sewer, water, phone, cable, maid service, and essential furniture rental.

See JFTR Chap. 4

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Has anyone at Whiting gotten this ridiculous hookup? I was officially attached to NASC for 179 days, if that makes any difference, and I paid a good amount in rent during that time. This all seems weird - way too good to be true - and I'm wary of large sums of money from Uncle Sam, as he is currently telling me I received some $900 too much on my move to Pcola from my NROTC unit, which is soon to be subtracted from my paycheck.

KCOTT

pilot
Has anyone at Whiting gotten this ridiculous hookup? I was officially attached to NASC for 179 days, if that makes any difference, and I paid a good amount in rent during that time. This all seems weird - way too good to be true - and I'm wary of large sums of money from Uncle Sam, as he is currently telling me I received some $900 too much on my move to Pcola from my NROTC unit, which is soon to be subtracted from my paycheck.
That's what I was thinking, some of this stuff seems too good to be true.