• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

money money money

FlyinRock

KC
Don't forget you OWE me updates from time to time? Tickles hell out of to see you there.
I am fighting with ICAO over some per diem too in Uganda. If the stars, moon and planets align I should be on a plane home Tuesday and with my family sometime Wed night.
Semper fi
Rocky - still in central Uganda

Thread bump.

Anybody recently get this reimbursement deal? I'm going to Vance in a few weeks but PSD here in P-cola says no reimbursement because I got BAH while here. I'm not well versed on the entitlements we get and am just trying to figure it all out. Man it would be nice to get 8 months of rent back!

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
If you were there for 8 months your were there too long for TAD, so no per diem. So no reimbursement.

Roger that D_Rob, I am familiar with the TDY timeframe. I think the grey area for the guys here (at least OCSers, I can't speak to the others) lies in the fact that we are all in fact on TDY orders. We've never been PCSed anywhere (non-priors, that is) and our orders specifically say TDY. I don't know if that changes anything, but I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I was on TDY orders to PCola with no PCS too but was there for 10 months so they turned into perm orders and I got BAH the whole time. Unless things have changed since then I think you should be the same. This was about 1.5 years ago.

gtg941f

pilot
Roger that D_Rob, I am familiar with the TDY timeframe. I think the grey area for the guys here (at least OCSers, I can't speak to the others) lies in the fact that we are all in fact on TDY orders. We've never been PCSed anywhere (non-priors, that is) and our orders specifically say TDY. I don't know if that changes anything, but I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks.

The whole point of per diem is to subsidize two living arrangements. If you were BDCP, your first duty location was your recruiting district and you were paid BAH for that location. Then when you were given TDY orders to P'cola it was understood that you would be maintaining your home at your original NRD, therefore per diem is given to cover your life in P'cola. Simply put, you needed to be making BAH prior to your TDY P'cola (API) to warrant per diem. This is one of the most misunderstood things down there. I remember the headache I had and it wasn't resolved until I moved to Corpus and I handled it with PSD there. Additionally, I believe the limit on per diem was six months. You simply need a form form StuCon stating that through no fault of your own, your time there will extend beyond six months.