• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Modern E-2, aviator perspective please!

SlickAg

pilot
My dream sheet out of primary was:

1. P-3
  2. E-2/C-2
  3. J2
  4. J1

Got my second choice. I like to tell people I fell up the stairs and I’m quite satisfied with how life turned out. I had a very different career path in mind when I started that went something like VP sea tour, NROTC instructor at a good school (from which to get my MBA), and getting the **** out of the Navy. Turns out the Navy had different plans and it worked out super well.

Swing for the fences and if you don’t get there the E-2 isn’t a bad place to be at all. I enjoyed my time in the air wing, being an LSO, and ended up back in Kingsville as an IP. Obviously I’m biased, but I think being in the air wing (as a fixed wing pilot) is the best place to be.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
In primary, close to selection, currently severely lacking on modern E-2 info, trying to figure out for selection purposes (want jets but... yah know).

So I was hoping to get a modern view on the following info, as all I can find is years old at this point, especially considering transition to E-2D. Even a yes / no will suffice if any info gets close to opsec issues.

1. Aside from traffic control and data relay between strike and carrier, do E-2s (specifically their pilots) play active roles in the tactical / strike mission?
  2. Are E-2 pilots viewed as sub par with respect to the rest of the carrier airwing and with respect to career progression and culture (is it a caste system)?
  3. Are there typically slots in TPS for E-2 pilots (thats a goal in any platform for me).
  4. What is something specifically cool with regards to flying E-2s?
Accessory questions...
What if an E-2 pilot later on wants to become an operational jet pilot still, does that opportunity exist after the first JO tour? I've heard there are boards but idk what that really means in this context. Do they consider age a factor?

Why is there so little info on flying E-2s?
DM me. I am here to answer.