• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Missing Air France Jet over the Atlantic ...

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
My father was the lead detective in the homicide squad on the TWA Flight 800 crash. He worked with the medical examiner to identify all of the victims, and had to do the notifications---sucks. I've heard some horrific stories from him about that one...

One thing he always said..."sooner or later, they all float up." Hopefully, so the families can have some closure, that's true.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You know, this thread shouldn't just be a repository for the latest headline links that everyone sees on Yahoo or Google news. If you've got something interesting to post (link or otherwise), how about a little discussion to go with it.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You know, this thread shouldn't just be a repository for the latest headline links that everyone sees on Yahoo or Google news. If you've got something interesting to post (link or otherwise), how about a little discussion to go with it.

Brett
O.K. ... and roger that; ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................so where's your link???

:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Do vertical stabilizers normally float? I would imagine they are of a honeycomb/composite construction.
Lightweight construction ones could/would ...

I still think this is gonna' come down to a structural failure of the bird -- regardless of how AirBus & the French gov't attempt to skew it ... which is why I eschew AirBus and wouldn't fly one -- even though I checked out -- and even though that preference 'cost' me @ 5 years Captaincy ...

I think/know their products are junk. Almost to a fault ...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Lightweight construction ones could/would ...

I still think this is gonna' come down to a structural failure of the bird -- regardless of how AirBus & the French gov't attempt to skew it ... which is why I eschew AirBus and wouldn't fly one -- even though I checked out -- and even though that preference 'cost' me @ 5 years Captaincy ...

I think/know their products are junk. Almost to a fault ...

If it ain't a Boeing I ain't a going.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
The T1 was originally a Japanese design (the MU-3/300). Beechcraft bought the production rights (Beech Jet) then it became the Hawker 400/400XP.