• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Team Shooters

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got it: Kuwait in 2006, working with EOD.

Some of what you are saying does not make sense:
I thought all EOD training takes place in Panama City?

-ea6bflyr ;)

The Jedi Sniper

Got it: Kuwait in 2006, working with EOD.

Some of what you are saying does not make sense:
I thought all EOD training takes place in Panama City?

-ea6bflyr ;)
no, you have to go through BUD/s first that is in sandiego, well on silverstrand, which is just south of coranado island (NAS Coranado), once tht is compleated you go to dive school in florida or san diego then you go to demolition school in panama city fl. like i said i made it 3/4 through training, during BUD/s i was injured and once your done there, your done untill you go back and try the next year. things did not work out for me so i ended up getting out of the navy and went back to school under chap 30 gi bill, does this help clear things up?

The Jedi Sniper

I was on the Reagan from 05-08 and I've never heard of SW-6 department. The EOD folks were part of an EOD detachment from Whidbey Island. Did you make the 06 cruise?

-ea6bflyr ;)
and i do remeber the EOD guys from Whitbey, they got put in hangerbay 2 with a shipping container as an office for a few months lol

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
no, you have to go through BUD/s first that is in sandiego, well on silverstrand, which is just south of coranado island (NAS Coranado), once tht is compleated you go to dive school in florida or san diego then you go to demolition school in panama city fl. like i said i made it 3/4 through training, during BUD/s i was injured and once your done there, your done untill you go back and try the next year. things did not work out for me so i ended up getting out of the navy and went back to school under chap 30 gi bill, does this help clear things up?
Now I'm confused. Did you get accepted for training as a SEAL, or EOD? You've talked a lot about working around (and with) EOD guys, maybe that's why people are confused.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Jedi,

I sense you're getting a little defensive, and I can understand. Some guys are questioning what your posting. But this is understandable since what you're posting doesn't jive with any of the official Navy released training curriculums. For example, this one:

http://www.navy.com/careers/special-operations/eod.html

Please understand that we've had our fair share of posers here before, and not just pilots, so this isn't personal, we just try and make sure everyone is who they say they are within the confines of internet anonimity. So help us understand... BUDS for EOD? San Diego first?

The Jedi Sniper

Basic Underwater Demolition/seal training is NOT just for seals, that is just the first main part of the training, I was accepted to EOD training, you start at BUD/s there is a reason its BUD/s not BUDS the s is for the seal training part of the school. any one who is not a seal does not finish the seal part of the training, they move on to other schools. as for the training listed on the web site i did phase1 in boot cause i wanted to go seal but neverdid, remember, in navy bootcapm when they asked who wanted to try out for SF they took the ones that wanted to go into a room with red curtains and showed us some movies and then we had to get our C.C.'s to sign for us to train with seals wile staying in our own division, as for phase2,4,5 did those in san diego, but i got hurt and never went back to fl. there are multiple schools for dive and tac. plus don't forget about all the closures and changes to bases and schools from 04-06

The Jedi Sniper

Jedi,

I sense you're getting a little defensive, and I can understand. Some guys are questioning what your posting. But this is understandable since what you're posting doesn't jive with any of the official Navy released training curriculums. For example, this one:

http://www.navy.com/careers/special-operations/eod.html

Please understand that we've had our fair share of posers here before, and not just pilots, so this isn't personal, we just try and make sure everyone is who they say they are within the confines of internet anonimity. So help us understand... BUDS for EOD? San Diego first?

I understand you get alot of posers but i am not one of them, i just didnt go into the military for SF that idea came later... the CHIT is a wonderful thing you fill it out and send it through your chain of comand and bam! if your not a total ass you get it signed, amazing how that works! i just dont have time to sit here on my computer and explain myself to a bunch of people i dont know and could care less about. I have a life now.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
i just dont have time to sit here on my computer and explain myself to a bunch of people i dont know and could care less about. I have a life now.

That's fine. You have to admit, though, there's lots of exceptions to your training track than what is "normal." That's why we're asking, it's nothing personal.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I'm going to call you a boldfaced LIAR.

NO EOD personnel go to BUD/s. My co-worker is and has been an EOD officer for more than 8 years. He tells me that ALL EOD personnel FIRST go to dive training in Panama City. After dive school, candidates attend year-long training at Eglin with parachute training in Ft Benning, GA. At the completion of this training, they earn the EOD/S.O. pin. San Diego is the last stop in training and is only 3-weeks.

The only way you could have been in San Diego FIRST, is that you were a MUD-PUP awaiting EOD training.

Do you wish to recant your story?

-ea6bflyr ;)

FlyinRock

I understand you get alot of posers but i am not one of them, i just didnt go into the military for SF that idea came later... the CHIT is a wonderful thing you fill it out and send it through your chain of comand and bam! if your not a total ass you get it signed, amazing how that works! i just dont have time to sit here on my computer and explain myself to a bunch of people i dont know and could care less about. I have a life now.
If you can, ID yourself outside of the black ops? Would not want to compromise you but you must admit .....coming onto this forum and making claims that you are not willing to back up with verifiable contacts? This is a tough group of people and with lots of resources to out posers.
I'd suggest you either make some verifiable claims, or go hide out in a different place.
Semper Fi
Rocky

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If you can, ID yourself outside of the black ops? Would not want to compromise you
EOD is not black ops and there is no need to hide his identity.

This guy is a poser. Nonqulified (EOD) AOs do not serve as "a desert rat for a couple years doing EOD" as his profile says. The EOD guys would not endanger themselves needlessly by working with an unqualified Sailor and the Navy would not needlessly endanger an unqualified Sailor having him work with EOD.

brownshoe

Contributor
His youtube profile:

About TheJedisniper's channel
Created by
TheJedisniper
Latest Activity
Mar 1, 2012
Date Joined
Mar 28, 2011
more
About this user
If you are a civilian, i dont want hear a damn thing from you about the military. im sick of how many civies think they know about the military and good/bad/better/worse one or the other is, just shut the F#(K up and enlist for a few tours before you even comment.
Country
United States
Occupation
U.S. Army/prior U.S. Navy
Schools
AO, EOD, BUD/s, MOTTS, Blackwater

edit: Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJedisniper Click "more" under his profile (right side).