• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Team Shooters

FlyinRock

Are there any shooters here who are or have been on military shooting teams? I was, USMC in the 50's and 60's. Would be good to see current shooters make their presence known.
Semper Fi
Rocky
Distinguished Pistol, Presidents 100, 2600 Club

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
"The Dude" or "Dude" on kiowawarriors was a Marine E-6 and he shot competitively for a while out in San Diego before he went Aviation some time back.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Good buddy of mine was on the shooting team for pistols while we waited to class up for API. He's here in Kingsville with me.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I actually found this link earlier this week by accident. Made me wonder how "good" you have to be to play locally/regionally. I have a feeling it's better than I am.

http://www.usnst.org/

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
One of my best friends was on the Academy team. He actually got like 6 months of TAD to the USMC team between flight school and the FRS. One of the only officers I know with a campaign cover.

brownshoe

Contributor
Navy pistol and rifle '01-09'
I just read your profile:

" I'm 32 I spent 10 yrs. in the U.S. Navy as an AO, im a plankowner on CVN-76. and was a desert rat for a couple years doing EOD, and Sharpshooter. I held the highest range score for the 2003, 04, 05 during my SSDF billet."

Impressive! Care to elaborate?:)

The Jedi Sniper

Sorry guys, that was supposed to say '03-'09
In 2003 I transfered to SSDF (shipboard security defence force) wile aboard the Reagan, at that time it was still in the yard in va. so i got alot of range time wile she was getting ready for sea trials. after seeing me shoot, the G-2 chief invited me to shoot with the ships shooting team up at the army base in williamsburg. was shooting with the G-2 guys weekly untill i took a billit in Al Jahara, kuwait. wile in the gulf i got interested in special forces so in 2006 i put in for a departmental transfer to SW-6(our dept. EOD div.) as an ordinance stacker (i was an AO3 at this point in time so it was fitting)when the gun boss found out about my shooting he made me sharpshooter for ground det. when i wasnt shooting i was learning and doing what i could to go EOD, to make a long story short, i whent to San D. for training finished about 3/4 of it and hurt my kneei kept my expert rifle and expert pistol quals up throughout the rest of my time in service. i still shoot but not as often as i would like. now i live at the beach, im getting a degree, and have 2 children

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was on the Reagan from 05-08 and I've never heard of SW-6 department. The EOD folks were part of an EOD detachment from Whidbey Island. Did you make the 06 cruise?

-ea6bflyr ;)

The Jedi Sniper

I was on the Reagan from 05-08 and I've never heard of SW-6 department. The EOD folks were part of an EOD detachment from Whidbey Island. Did you make the 06 cruise?

-ea6bflyr ;)
go back and read it again you obviously didnt read it right the first time, no i left the reagan sept. '05