• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Team Shooters

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Guys I've known in that field have said that there are times when that's the best way to insert folks. Don't know how often that comes up in the real world, but we've got a few resident experts who I'm sure will chime in.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Just out of curiosity, why on Earth would Navy EOD folks need to go to jump school as a required course?

All Navy EOD go through jump school because the Navy is (supposedly) the sole provider of EOD techs that are capable of integration with their SOF counterparts.

That isn't to say that all Navy EOD work with SOF or are in direct support of SOF missions or under their umbrella of SOF command. -Some- Navy EOD are lucky enough to be put in an EOD unit that focuses on direct support of SOF as their primary mission. They go on to do HALO/HAHO and other schools that are SOF specific so that they are certified to get in and get out with their SOF as an integrated unit.

EDIT: For example, if SEALs or Army SF are on a mission to secure WMDs, they would have a couple EOD techs integrated into their team who would be directly responsible for securing said WMD.

Hopefully that's not too poorly written.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Obviously, Jedi Tard is full of crap and only knows enough about the subject at hand to get himself in trouble. EA6's summary of the basic EOD training pipeline is spot on. In fact, if Jedi Tard wasn't so lazy he could have done some really easy research and put up a much more convincing story and none of us would be the wiser. Hopefully, the mods can track his IP address so that when he inevitably comes back under a different user name, we'll know that the force of stupid is strong in this one.

I am not EOD but I did have the benefit of working with Navy, Air Force and Marine EOD on route clearance so I have a decent outsider's understanding of how they work and a healthy respect for what they do. I'm sure an actual EOD cat will be on here sooner rather than later to clarify.

phrogpilot73

i just dont have time to sit here on my computer and explain myself to a bunch of people i dont know and could care less about. I have a life now.
First, I just thought I'd point out that no one on this website made you join and post. Second, everyone with a warfare device below their name has actually EARNED said warfare device in real life, and has been vetted by us. The webmaster is an AD P-3 pilot, Gatordev is a FTS H-60 guy, I'm a reserve 46 pilot, HarrierDude is an AD Harrier pilot, etc... And some of us have actually met in person, in uniform, on military bases. So yes, our vetting process is pretty good.

If you don't know us, and don't care about us, and have a life then here's my advice to you:

8685a501-312f-4613-b696-922481ccc515.jpg

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
i just dont have time to sit here on my computer and explain myself to a bunch of people i dont know and could care less about. I have a life now.

And apparently not enough time to research what you're trying to pass yourself off as...

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
This guy as you all know now is full of shit. If you dont even know what the training pipeline is, then atleast look it up before you try to lie to us. This guy is such a freakin clown, there is no need to even ask further questions to check him out. Complete and utter ass clown.

brownshoe

Contributor
Sorry "saidI sniper"! What say we go after his youtube account? (Look up a few posts.) Post a few replies?