• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH-60S Crash in the Red Sea

Renegade One

None
Odd…I've seen a couple of replies before…but today? No replies….

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." ~ 007

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's a thread in the PNA area. Nothing significant to report.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
In case anyone is interested...

From The Jones Family:
Dear Friends and Family,

A fund has been established through Navy Federal for all who wish to contribute.
Contributions can be made in person at any Navy Federal Branch, through Paypal, or by mailing a check directly to Navy Federal.
The address is 555 Saturn Blvd., Suite C, San Diego, CA 92154. Please make checks payable to "Landon Jones Memorial Fund".

The Paypal account is: landonjonesmemorialfund@gmail.com

Your contributions and support for the Jones Family is greatly appreciated.

------

From The Gibson Family:
Hello, folks. First of all, I can't thank the HSM-75 Aircrew spouses enough for what you are doing for Chrissy and the kids. Taking care of dinner for Chrissy and the kids, while she deals with the loss, is a fantastic gesture and An awesome way to help.

There is now another way to help and show support. The "Jon Gibson Memorial Fund" is now open with Navy Federal Credit Union. Please feel free to contribute, using account number 7032414430 with routing number 2560-7497-4.
The bank's address is PO Box 3100 Merryfield, VA 22119 Please feel free to share this status to let your friends show their support.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BTDT ...but final result worked out OK. Pretty tough on the family, though!!
Sure glad you guys escaped from that 'rat's nest' Dude. That telegram looks like paperwork that was discovered among the Dead Sea Scrolls.;)

When I went down, the only notification my wife received was a telegram from Moi. My message was not allowed to be more than "Took a dip in the gulf this morning. I am feeling fine, will call you from Cubi"! I called her two days later explaining all that had occurred. She responded that she hadn't worried a bit, thought the crew had just enjoyed a swim call. The Navy never made any notification as I was not missing, and had no serious injuries.:D

*Assistance sent to Jones & Gibson Families, let's give them a hand AWs. If you are an NFCU member, you can make a member-to-member transfer into their individual memorial accounts using the acct # from Villanelle's info in her post above.
BzB

Last edited:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
*Assistance sent to Jones & Gibson Families, let's give them a hand AWs. If you are an NFCU member, you can make a member-to-member transfer into their individual memorial accounts using the acct # from Villanelle's info in her post above.
BzB
Ooops, for the Landon Jones acct, there is no NFCU acct.# supplied, so has to be PayPal, or a mailed check, or cash/check donation at a NFCU branch office. Gomen nasai!:oops:
Sayonara, BzB

xmid

pilot
Contributor
With all do respect for the elders here, can we keep this thread focused on those who the thread is intended? Trust me, I appreciate as much as anyone those that have made less landings than take offs in service of our country and those that paid the ultimate sacrifice, but there are other threads for that. It has been less than a week since my HT on-wing lost his life, and it's a little early for "Been There Done That" comments.