• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mess Dress "Party" Shirt

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Our most recent dining out caused a shortage of Trident Blue bow ties and cummerbunds in the greater Northeast Florida region.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The other day I was in the Naval Base Pearl Harbor mini-NEX (right across from DDG parking & McDs), and on the uniform shop side, they had a sign for custom Mess Dress shirts. Something to the effect of: bring in your shirt plus 2 yards of desired patterned material, and they will charge you $50 to complete the process.

I got mine done in Hong Kong for $50.

-ea6bflyr ;)

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
The other day I was in the Naval Base Pearl Harbor mini-NEX (right across from DDG parking & McDs), and on the uniform shop side, they had a sign for custom Mess Dress shirts. Something to the effect of: bring in your shirt plus 2 yards of desired patterned material, and they will charge you $50 to complete the process.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Inflation is a bitch. ;)

propaddict said:
And the last time I was at the Pearl Harbor Nex/tailor shop, they had one ON DISPLAY with a sign that said "We do party shirts! Bring us your mess dress shirt, 2 yds of fabric and $20!" or similar. That's kind of when I knew this idea had jumped the shark. . .(April 3, 2011)

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
I recently sewed my first mess-dress party shirt, and am happy to do so again, for a price. I live in Whidbey, so you should either live here or be willing to pay shipping. I doubt I can undersell the tailor shops, but I am quick, so PM me for specifics if desired.
Also, I am a quilter / sewer (totally at odds with my public image, I know), so if you need help finding a specific fabric, I am pretty good at that and consider it a hobby, and if you PM me I will try and help you our for free.

Kevin Ellis

here's some examples I've seen on the web. There's a company out there that does all the tailoring and offers a huge selection of fabrics. Just search mess dress party shirts
pinup2.JPGbald eagle patriotic back.JPG

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
here's some examples I've seen on the web. There's a company out there that does all the tailoring and offers a huge selection of fabrics. Just search mess dress party shirts

Hi Kevin, I find it strange that your first post on AirWarriors is about "a company"...you do know there are lots of places that sew, right?

If you purchased a product from a specific store and you want to review the product, then that's okay.

If you're here peddling wares, then you need the webmasters permission prior to posting ads about your company.

-ea6bflyr ;)