• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Merlin" Is Returning to the Blue Angels

Renegade One

None
LCDR Craig "Merlin" Olson, back from VFA-32, has returned to fill out the Team for the remainder of the 2007 season. He was #7 (Narrator) , #6 (Opposing) and #5 (Lead Solo) for the 2003-2005 seasons. He arrived last week and is flying a few times a day to get up to speed. Haven't heard yet when the schedule will resume.

All the best, Spike

East

东部
Contributor
Good news

Great to hear that, must be hard to fill in under these conditions...

Attachments

• web_030626-N-1539M-002.jpg
    web_030626-N-1539M-002.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 49

Rubiks06

pilot
I watched the team practice a few times last week and they were running a five man formation and the solo was practicing, just that, solo. It looked different to say the least. It'll be good to have all six back. There was a jet in the morning practicing by himself too. Makes me wonder if that was Merlin getting back into the swing of things.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I wouldn't be surprised. They've been practicing twice a day for the past week or so.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Is the blue angel lounge still open....(next to trader john's)....??? Is trader john's still open for that matter??

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gypsy to return to Blues

LCDR Craig "Merlin" Olson, back from VFA-32, has returned to fill out the Team for the remainder of the 2007 season. He was #7 (Narrator) , #6 (Opposing) and #5 (Lead Solo) for the 2003-2005 seasons. He arrived last week and is flying a few times a day to get up to speed. Haven't heard yet when the schedule will resume.

All the best, Spike

Congrats to "Merlin"

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trader Jon's was gone when I was there AUG-SEP of 2005

I visited trader's every chance I got and the young LT who bought it did a great job getting it reopened while serving as an instructor, but couldn't pull in enough business to keep it going. Guess everyone listened to all the lectures on ORM and not drinking. Oceana is also having a tough time bringing in enough business at the club.

MasterBates

I liked going there better than "Seville"..

I guess I wanted to get the Naval Aviation experince as much as possible.. And the 0 tolerance and DUI entrapment killed/is killing a lot of the clubs out there.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The club idle descent

I liked going there better than "Seville"..

I guess I wanted to get the Naval Aviation experince as much as possible.. And the 0 tolerance and DUI entrapment killed/is killing a lot of the clubs out there.

Concur on all points...and getting your photo on the wall was a rite of passage. have a photo of trader et moi in my office. What a guy and friend of Naval Aviation! RIP!

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
Now refresh my memory...Wasn't it true that if you ever found him to be wearing "matching" socks the whole place got a round on the house?

The guy is a legend.