• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS ETP

exNavyOffRec

Update:
BLUF: Lack of clear communication kept me from MEPS for almost a full year on a simple easy fix.

The issue was the people at MEPS who look at the paperwork were not accurately/clearly explaining the additional paperwork they needed from me to my recruiter. Everything was fine with me, but essentially, I was seen a few days too early for my post-eye surgery follow up for MEPS to accept my surgery paperwork. I had to redo all my post-op exams four years after the surgery (which of course all came back fine because my eyes have been perfect since surgery). This was 2 extra eye appointments, the 90 day post op AND the 30+ day after 90 day post op papers I was missing. Went to a local doc who did a vision test and some measurements and all was good to go (literally 30 minutes between two appointments).

I got a MEPS date two months ago, and just got word I am medically cleared to apply to next board.

My recruiter is still awesome and checks in with me often. They were not brushing me off, but was fighting for me and trying to figure out the proper paperwork too.

Excited to have closed this MEPS chapter and move on to hopefully join the world's greatest Navy.
This is where a good MEPS liaison is key to getting exactly what the issue is and what is needed as if the recruiter isn't getting that info then he can't pass on what is truly needed.

Squirrel Girl

This is where a good MEPS liaison is key to getting exactly what the issue is and what is needed as if the recruiter isn't getting that info then he can't pass on what is truly needed.
Exactly what happened from my understanding. They were between liaisons for several months and the new one was, well, new.

subreservist

I agree a good liaison would've cleared this up. But for it to take almost a year for eye surgery checks? If this had been an enlisted applicant, it would've been cleared up the following month because pressure would've been placed by NTAG on MEPS to figure out the hold up, even with a fill-in liaison.

Unfortunately, I place the recruiter responsible. There a simple MEPS eye surgery worksheet, which is pretty clear on pre and post dates for eye checks and makes it easy for a recruiter to verify before submitting to MEPS. Failing that, the recruiter could've actually had your record pulled for themselves to view the notes made, if they didn't have a competent liaison to interpret. I've done this myself, when info received wasn't clear. Maybe the recruiter didn't blow you off, but they didn't apply much pressure to get you the right level of customer service, especially for a simple issue.

Hopefully, they learned from the experience to prevent a similar occurrence for someone else.