• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS ETP

Squirrel Girl

Not a waiver for a condition, but I have been unable to get an appointment at any MEPS locations within 300 miles of me for months. The board I am applying to has a package cutoff date later this month. Are there currently any exceptions to policy documents my recruiter could apply for/ask for to allow for me to still make it to this board? All other components of my IWO DCO application have been completed. I appreciate any responses. Thank you.

subreservist

Why have you been unable to schedule an appointment? And why do you need to look into MEPS locations within a 300 mile radius? You are obviously leaving something out.

And, no, you cannot go to a board without being physically qualified by medical. No exceptions.

Squirrel Girl

Why have you been unable to schedule an appointment? And why do you need to look into MEPS locations within a 300 mile radius? You are obviously leaving something out.

And, no, you cannot go to a board without being physically qualified by medical. No exceptions.
I have been trying for 3 months, but apparently there are "no availabilities." I would not be asking on here if I had not done due diligence.

subreservist

I'm not even sure why your recruiter would have you do all other items for an application package and save MEPS for last. MEPS should always be first, then if found physically qualified, continue with the process.

subreservist

I have been trying for 3 months, but apparently there are "no availabilities." I would not be asking on here if I had not done due diligence.

That doesn't make sense. Your recruiting district will work with a specific MEPS. Depending on the size of the district, they may even have access to more than one. You submit your medical forms via the recruiter, they review and either invite you to schedule or request more documents or disqualify you.

There is no such thing as "no availabilities" for 3 months. Otherwise, no one could join the military.

It is not something you "try" to do.

Squirrel Girl

That doesn't make sense. Your recruiting district will work with a specific MEPS. Depending on the size of the district, they may even have access to more than one. You submit your medical forms via the recruiter, they review and either invite you to schedule or request more documents or disqualify you.

There is no such thing as "no availabilities" for 3 months. Otherwise, no one could join the military.

It is not something you "try" to do.
Look, I agree with you. I am relaying what I have been told. I submitted all my medical forms and paperwork to the recruiter months ago. All I am trying to do is see if there are any other paths I can take. I was hoping to make it to this board, but not making it and having to wait until September is not going to stop me from applying. I am not sure what else to say. I am not trying to hide or conceal anything, just looking for input and advice.

subreservist

Sounds like your recruiter doesn't want to work with you. Even if it were true that their MEPS couldn't "see" you, he or she would try a different MEPS to get you processed. But MEPS is not a place that doesn't "see" people for 3 months.

Somethings is off with your story. Do you have legal issues or a significant medical condition reported?

Squirrel Girl

Sounds like your recruiter doesn't want to work with you. Even if it were true that their MEPS couldn't "see" you, he or she would try a different MEPS to get you processed. But MEPS is not a place that doesn't "see" people for 3 months.

Somethings is off with your story. Do you have legal issues or a significant medical condition reported?
Zero legal and zero medical conditions. I doubt they don't want to work with me because their communication has been fantastic. They were absolutely on top of all other aspects of the process, including the interviews with current Navy IWC members. If anything, I would think they could be newer to recruiting.

subreservist

Looking at your history, you were selected to OCS in the past? So you do have a story. Are you working with the same district that you did at that time?

You need to find the answer to this question: is the MEPS in your area NOT seeing anyone or are they just not seeing you? Highly doubt its the former, but if it is, then there should be a workaround your recruiter can assist with. If they are not seeing you, then you need to pull the onion back yourself and get a reason why from your recruiter.

What happened at OCS?

exNavyOffRec

I agree with @subreservist there is something else going on with your NRD, I guarantee you that MEPS is processing people each day both officer or enlisted for each service, if you were previously at OCS then they may be waiting for a waiver to come back? or maybe you didn't get 10's on your panel interview?

subreservist

I don't want to presume, but depending on what occurred at OCS, they may have placed feedback in your record to not consider you for future Naval programs.

Failing or being removed from OCS gives you an RE code on your DD214 that requires a waiver.

Squirrel Girl

I was not going to respond because this discussion has ventured significantly off topic. I asked about ETPs to be seen at the board with MEPS date pending. I have confirmed with another NRD, that there are delays due to a variety of reasons. I know I am not the only applicant in this boat.

I DO have a waiver - I had the DD 785 and other documents required before I even contacted my recruiter - this is not the issue. I do not have medical issues. I do not have legal issues. And finally, interview scores do not factor into getting a MEPS date.

I appreciate y'all's input.

subreservist

Your original post, you state you cannot get an appointment scheduled.

Your last post, you state is there is an ETP for a pending MEPS date - meaning you have a date scheduled, but you may not get the PQ letter prior to board deadline to NRC.

In the first case, there is no option for ETP; for the second case, there is. And in both cases, you need to get with your recruiter to push the issue. Particularly prior to Feb 12.

exNavyOffRec

I was not going to respond because this discussion has ventured significantly off topic. I asked about ETPs to be seen at the board with MEPS date pending. I have confirmed with another NRD, that there are delays due to a variety of reasons. I know I am not the only applicant in this boat.

I DO have a waiver - I had the DD 785 and other documents required before I even contacted my recruiter - this is not the issue. I do not have medical issues. I do not have legal issues. And finally, interview scores do not factor into getting a MEPS date.

I appreciate y'all's input.

Interview scores could factor in to an NRD's effort to get you to physical, if you have 2 people to get to MEPS, one with straight 10's and one with straight 9's the recruiter is more likely to get the one with straight 10's to MEPS first as that person has a chance at getting picked up.

It could be an issue with your NRD and them not seeing you as a priority, but no one else on any of the other threads has had issues getting to MEPS (that doesn't have medical issues), that is what is making this odd as there are people in the same area as you that have been to and completed their physical.