• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medals Database being Considered by Pentagon

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Our command got a NATO medal for last deployment and we got an email from our personnel types telling us about it and that it would be reflected in NSIPS and all that since we all rated it. So I check NSIPS and of course it's not in there..

Has your command taken any action to see that this situation is corrected? Failure to record/document awards of this type, could adversely affect future promotions for your Sailors.:oops:
BzB

BigRed389

None
Mine has always been the opposite problem. I'm showing an extra NAM and two extra Air Medals that I don't rate (as far as I know).

Admin won't take them out because I can't prove that I didn't receive them.

Logic is not their strong point.

And just how are you supposed to prove you DIDN'T receive something?

KBayDog

BigRed389 said:
And just how are you supposed to prove you DIDN'T receive something?
A question that I've asked at every OQR audit for the last ten years.
"The Corporal will take you by personnel on the way back to the flight line and you can have all the [proof] you want. But you have to ask me nicely."

Jessup-thumb.gif

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has your command taken any action to see that this situation is corrected? Failure to record/document awards of this type, could adversely affect future promotions for your Sailors.:oops:
BzB

I got my own record fixed, but considering I can't go in and see the NSIPS record for each Sailor I may be responsible for, there's nothing I can really do unless they look in their own records and let me know if something isn't there.