• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
She has actually done something in her years as governor and on the conservation board in AK, in contrast certain other candidates, who have neither authored significant legistlation nor done anything bipartisan.

Years, I thought it was less than two.......;)

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
what could be a game-changer for them.

There's no "could be" about it. IT IS, and for many reasons - most already stated in this thread.

She's made plenty of enemies in Alaska, no doubt. Alaska politics are veryunique. I can't stress that enough. But a shake up is a good thing, in my book. I don't agree with her on everything she's done, but I do admire some of the work she's done. We've had some crappy govs in the past, and we've had some briliant ones too. Time will tell for Gov Palin. If she gets the VP, I think she'll do well. Initially I was dubious, but I've come around.

May you live in interesting times...

Random8145

The one thing I hope is that the debates are not slanted against the Republicans in the way the Hillary/Obama debates were slanted against Hillary. Those things were so slanted in favor of Obama shows like Saturday Night Live were making total fun of it.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
In the article, it says that she didn't "lawyer up," the state did. Just like the president doesn't attend every half-assed legal preceding involving the executive, a governor doesn't either.

Palin has pissed off most of her state's political establishment, which in my book is a good thing. It also means that she has plenty of hometown enemies.
Sorry Phrogdriver, that link I posted had nothing to do with any of my post. The link was supposed to be about the "bridge to nowhere" and Palin's supposed opposition:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-08-31-palin-bridge_N.htm?csp=34

And it actually is Palin herself that is getting a lawyer (not that it means anything other than it is wise to get professional counsel when being investigated); after all she is being investigated by the legislature. My point is that there is tons of press that is not all positive going out right now during the RNC...making McCain's job harder.

Edit: It was the Alaska Department of Law that hired the attorney. Earlier reports I read said that she did it personally. Phrogdriver was right and I was wrong...disregard some of my earlier remarks.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
post removed...not worth a pissing contest
Which, unfortunately, is what all too many political discussions degenerate into ... which is also why the general rule is: no discussions of women (the "real" ones :icon_wink), politics, or religion in the Ready Room.

Wow! 8K + look-sees in 4 days ??!!?? It shows most of you are "tuned-in" -- too bad the rest of the electorate doesn't match your level of interest in the quadrennial process.

Since this thread (as do all the women, politics, or religion ones) is starting to drift & go downhill -- why don't we all take a deep breath, take a pill and lie down, and wait until after the Republican Convention to pick it up again -- if there's anything worth picking up .... ??? :)

And what hate-filled spiteful bastard merged these threads in to the "Firearms" forum, anyway ... ??? :D

lockedcs4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.