• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

USSMaximus

Haha, that was awesome! Actually, 90 days puts it at May 23rd. Boards usually happen on Mondays, and that Monday is the 25th.

Irish........

USSMaximus

The rumor right now is that there is going to be a SNA/SNFO board June 1st (just a rumor). Could you imagine if there were two of those boards before this one?

USSMaximus

I really hope so! I am just worried because they haven't announced it yet. They usually always announce the date in advance. Haha, I just saw in their thread. I read everything.

USSMaximus

Is it possible that they are waiting for the number of academy graduates this summer to determine numbers? They graduate right at the end of May. That way, they would see the amount of academy students graduating, and then determine how many OCS applicants they need. That could also make sense as to why our board is tentative to be around the last week of May/early June.

@RUFiO181, @NavyOffRec?

exNavyOffRec

Is it possible that they are waiting for the number of academy graduates this summer to determine numbers? They graduate right at the end of May. That way, they would see the amount of academy students graduating, and then determine how many OCS applicants they need. That could also make sense as to why our board is tentative to be around the last week of May/early June.

@RUFiO181, @NavyOffRec?

nope, they have known for a while with a pretty good degree of certainty how many of each designator is coming from what source.

and..... those guys are FY 15 accessions, the next board is probably all going to be FY 16 accessions

haimehhh

Text from my OR this morning said, "Your kits is at board. Pilot/SWO/NFO."

Can anyone else corroborate?

Last I heard from my OR, he said my kit was in Tennessee (is that where the boards are held?). Do you think "at board" mean sitting and ready to be reviewed whenever the boards are meeting or do you think it means currently being reviewed and you'll be hearing in the next couple days if you've been selected?

haimehhh

He could possibly mean that your packet is "pro board," which just means it has passed final inspection and is waiting for the next board to convene. Or at least that's my understanding. I don't think it means the board is currently meeting.

This is from the SNA board thread and seems like a reasonable explanation. My OR has made previous blanket statements that aren't exactly accurate because they're so general. Could chalk this up as one of those. Sorry for the false alarm.