• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

goldmanharry91

First post here. Finalizing my packet for this upcoming SWO board. MEPS should be approved within the week and got my SF86 done too. Hoping to get the packet in and wait for the Board.

USSMaximus

Welcome to AW Gold! Get that kit in ASAP! Kits are usually due about a month before the board. What are your stats?

I somehow lost access to my old account (early 2013ish). Seems there was a SWO/IP board on the 13th. Pro-rec. Y, 14% selection rate.

Be more specific. Is there information that you would have liked to see that you did not? If so, please let me know.

The extended report: there was a board on 13 April. I am unsure for what programs the board was selecting. I do know that 4 people were selected for SWO-IP and I was one of them. The board had a 14% selection rate overall.

Phew!!!! @networkdaemon I was not aware that there were different types. Had me scared for a moment, since none of the usual admins/members privvy to information had posted anything. Thanks @USSMaximus for the clarification.
No problem. Glad to shake things up a bit. After further research, SWO-IP is a fairly restrictive community, comprising only 1% of the Navy Officer Corps, but we get the option to just stay SWO after the initial SWO tour/training. An OAR of 65 might have pushed me over. I suppose we will never know. Good luck on your SWO endeavours.

exNavyOffRec

No problem. Glad to shake things up a bit. After further research, SWO-IP is a fairly restrictive community, comprising only 1% of the Navy Officer Corps, but we get the option to just stay SWO after the initial SWO tour/training. An OAR of 65 might have pushed me over. I suppose we will never know. Good luck on your SWO endeavours.

OAR is just glanced at, more than likely it was your UG BS, your perfect GPA for your Masters and your AD experience.

OAR is just glanced at, more than likely it was your UG BS, your perfect GPA for your Masters and your AD experience.
Thank you for your analysis @NavyOffRec. From my time around the boards (now with my new account), you seem to be the top guru in the commissioning programs section. I'll make sure to look your way for advice should I not find answers elsewhere.

HM3 San

I submitted everything through OCS Fleet Application (had 2 bad experiences with recruiters), but was TNPQ pending DD 2807-1 update because my previous N3M letter was limited to Restricted Line and Staff Corps only. For fleet applicants double check your N3M and make sure it states Unrestricted, restricted and staff corps, otherwise you paid attention to detail :)

I am hoping to be on this board once I get my N3M settled.
STATS:
OCS FLEET APPLICANT
US Navy Reserve, 2 years, Hospital Corpsman Third Class

OAR: 46
GPA: 3.03 BS in Computer Science; 3.97 MA in Education

CO Recommended (All outstanding)
DLPT score: 3

Interview Appraisals:
SWO - All outstanding (CAPT and LT)
Intel - All outstanding (Capt US Army)
Supply - All outstanding (CDR and CAPT)

EVAL:
EP (HN), P (A School)

LORs:
CO (CDR)
Medical Corps CDR
Medical Corps LCDR
Master Chief, Retired
School Principal

Age Waivers:
SWO
Supply

First board 2013 through a recruiter PRO N:
Intel, SWO-IP, SWO-IW

USSMaximus

Welcome to the thread HM3 San! I hope your N3M gets settled, and soon. We should be finding out a board date any day now. Just for clarification, what designators are you applying for this time around, and in what order?