• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

MemphisBell

pilot
Yes I am AD. BOL stands for BUPERs Online, BUPERS stands for Bureau of Personnel, and yes, only active Navy have a BOL account. Welcome to the endless labyrinth of acronyms. And since I know people will ask, I had 7/6/8.

Congrates slater44 and H-60 Wannabe!!

NavyBlu

For those who missed this board, it comes to show how much you need to push your OR as well as yourselves to get everything done ASAP. It should take one week to finish the APSR, SF-86/NASIS, as well as mailing the transcripts, 3 weeks tops to have your references complete the DD-370 forms, and 4 weeks tops to study and complete the ASTB exam. MEPS can be a hurdle but be ready to respond at a moments notice from your OR to complete the physical. When your kit is submitted, you should be following up often to make sure it gets released. If your OR says it will be uploaded on a certain day, follow up that day (if he/she hasn't already) and see what the issue is.
Hello,

I just have a few questions about the Aviation selection board. Last time I talked to my recruiter (about 2 weeks ago) he said that they should be some time in May. Why was the board date changed to a month before it was anticipated? Also when is the next Pilot/NFO selection board? I ask because I have recently been accepted to Grad school (I only applied as a backup in case I get rejected from OCS).

I was hoping that the May selection board will give me enough time to see if I am selected for Navy. But now that the selection board was changed I am afraid that the next available selection board may be at a much later time and the University I applied to is giving me until June to decide if I want to attend grad school. I tried emailing my recruiter twice still haven't heard from him.

Thank you

MemphisBell

pilot
The boards are rolling aka nobody really knows. A rule of thumb about the rolling boards though is they are held every 90-120 days OR if NRC (Navy Recruiting Command) receives enough packets to fill the allotted # of slots that the navy needs at the time. In this case, it was only 60 days after they Feb board so im assuming they received enough packets to hold a board. If I was guessing the next board will probably be held in June-August period. Yes I know this is a fairly large estimate but that is just how the Navy rolls. Good luck and don't give up!!

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
Hello,

I was hoping that the May selection board will give me enough time to see if I am selected for Navy. But now that the selection board was changed I am afraid that the next available selection board may be at a much later time and the University I applied to is giving me until June to decide if I want to attend grad school.

What's the deposit for grad school? You might want to go ahead and put in a package for OCS and pay the deposit for your seat in grad school. Keeps both options open if you can afford it.

NavyBlu

The boards are rolling aka nobody really knows. A rule of thumb about the rolling boards though is they are held every 90-120 days OR if NRC (Navy Recruiting Command) receives enough packets to fill the allotted # of slots that the navy needs at the time. In this case, it was only 60 days after they Feb board so im assuming they received enough packets to hold a board. If I was guessing the next board will probably be held in June-August period. Yes I know this is a fairly large estimate but that is just how the Navy rolls. Good luck and don't give up!!

Thanks! I see you are in the April board. Good Luck yourself!

NavyBlu

What's the deposit for grad school? You might want to go ahead and put in a package for OCS and pay the deposit for your seat in grad school. Keeps both options open if you can afford it.

Not sure, they haven't specified any deposits. I only hope the deposit isn't the tuition. I might end up doing what you suggest though if it isn't too much.

mz247

Well done to all AD!

I'm still curious as to if this board is strictly SNA or if it will be NFO for non priors as well.

Either way, the excitement is killing me!

jack-o

pilot
So I am new to this jargon, what does PRO REC Y mean?!?
Pro Rec basically means the board has recommended you for the spot. After this you wait for your Final Selection Letter. So basically if you get the Pro-Rec, you're in assuming you don't get yourself arrested and everything you've submitted checks out.

MemphisBell

pilot
So I am new to this jargon, what does PRO REC Y mean?!?

Means that the board "professionally recommends" you. I can tell you are fairly new to the forum. You have sooo much to learn!! If you have questions about stuff you can usually search around the forum to find your answers. You might be wondering what SNA and NFO means.

SNA- student naval aviator (Maverick)
NFO- Naval Flight Officer (Goose)

MemphisBell

pilot
Follow up question on this:
So is that 100% true? If we get Pro-Rec Yes than it is a green light to go to OCS? Basically we are just waiting to class up?

Yes but its not official till you receive your Final Select letter that has your designator and your OCS date.

NavyBlu

Means that the board "professionally recommends" you. I can tell you are fairly new to the forum. You have sooo much to learn!! If you have questions about stuff you can usually search around the forum to find your answers. You might be wondering what SNA and NFO means.

SNA- student naval aviator (Maverick)
NFO- Naval Flight Officer (Goose)

Yes I am new to this forum. And yes I have much to learn. But I was aware what SNA and NFO meant :)

Also This Forum is soooooo huge, I stumbled on posts from '06.

My apologies If I am repeating things already discussed.

MemphisBell

pilot
Yes I am new to this forum. And yes I have much to learn. But I was aware what SNA and NFO meant :)

Also This Forum is soooooo huge, I stumbled on posts from '06.

My apologies If I am repeating things already discussed.
It took me a while to realize which one was pilot lol. It's not a problem at all though. I remember finding AW for he first time and I was so lost at first. PM me if you have any questions about the process of becoming a SNA or nfo!!