• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

EMTpilot

Today my manager at work asked me how many applications normally get viewed by each pilot board and how many get accepted. I didn't know the answer. Anyone here have a ball park figure?

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
Last one I saw stats for was something like 90/100 but I'm rounding too. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

mz247

Rufio had written down the ratio of the feb board.

Idr what it was, you can ask him, or go search for it if you really wanna know.

WildcatAlumni

Semi-relevant question-
How are Marine Corps NFO's picked? Are they the pilot wannabe's who couldnt hack it? I have said I want to be a pilot and I assume thats what my air contract for OCS means. When I was down at NAMI there was a box to indicate if I was going for pilot or NFO and I didnt even know NFO was an option.

mz247

Today my manager at work asked me how many applications normally get viewed by each pilot board and how many get accepted. I didn't know the answer. Anyone here have a ball park figure?
Here are the stats from last board

"PILOT

Selected- 92
Not selected- 11

NFO (Non-priors were selected here)

Selected- 77
Not selected- 16"

mz247

Semi-relevant question-
How are Marine Corps NFO's picked? Are they the pilot wannabe's who couldnt hack it? I have said I want to be a pilot and I assume thats what my air contract for OCS means. When I was down at NAMI there was a box to indicate if I was going for pilot or NFO and I didnt even know NFO was an option.
I don't know too much about marines
But not everyone wants to be a pilot, some first pick NFO. I think it's a bold statement to say NFO's are wannabe pilots. But also NFO I believe has slightly looser vision standards, but I could be wrong.

Either way, from my understanding they're both seperate career paths, both highly respectable and just like some people prefer tea over coffee, some prefer NFO over SNA

I got Pro-Rec today! I expected to be on the February board and kept up with the thread everyday only to find out my application wasn't processed in time. I wasn't expecting the call today, but I was thrilled to hear the big news from my OR. Congrats to everyone else selected- hopefully I'll be seeing some of y'all at OCS.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Semi-relevant question-

You do know this is the Navy OCS forum right? There might be some info on the Marine OCS side of AW.