• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May boards

RussBow6

got my final select today... Jan 24, 2010

i got selected for NFO though and not SNA which is what i took for my pro rec.... so i dunno. i'm obviously gonna take it cause i wanna be an officer in the navy #1 but i dont understand how i can take pro rec'd SNA and then turn around and get FS'd NFO... oh well. i'll chat up my recruiter some more but he said at this point he wasnt sure why i didnt get FS SNA... they didnt need more SNA's or it could be the depth failure i had at meps... he's got the waiver in for my depth failure but he said he was confident he wouldn't win it. guess that civilian doc letter didnt help.

admyj0609

Pro-Rec SWO
na just on the application when i applied we put 1/1/10 for when i could start OCS

Man you guys are lucky. I was PRO-REC SWO last April and I still don't have a Final Select Letter/OCS date yet. I'm really jealous.. Oh well. Nice to hear more guys are getting Final Selects. Ok back to "Hurry up and wait I go".

blarged

ready
Update on my status.

I emailed with my OR yesterday. I am waiting on a PQ (physically qualified) designator to my name which will allow him to get BDCP papers underway.

I submitted the signed medical form last week stating that I am in good medical health and a have a fairly clean history. I don't foresee any waivers being needed.

blackjaw

Update on my status.

I emailed with my OR yesterday. I am waiting on a PQ (physically qualified) designator to my name which will allow him to get BDCP papers underway.

I submitted the signed medical form last week stating that I am in good medical health and a have a fairly clean history. I don't foresee any waivers being needed.

Yeah, I'm waiting on a "medical clear" as well. MEPS was done back in March and I signed all those papers in early June, so it should be any day now. Probably sitting on the desk of someone who is on leave. :p

DaveI

Meps doesn't exactly move too fast... My waiver papers sat there for over a month and then BUMED came by after MEPS gave me NPQ and cleared me within 5 days.

I just heard from my OR saying that my signatures pages got "lost in the system." Go figure haha... resubmit for FS again.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
I have to be transferred from NRD Chicago to NRD New York, but I'm just waiting to take a PRT, which nobody has called to schedule! Hurry up and wait indeed.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Russ, I spoke with my recruiter today and he said there are no waivers for depth perception. It ended up MEPS wrote in that I failed the test yet I had passed it. So now I have to deal with the BS of getting through that in addition to completing other waivers and waiting for a final select.

Did you get Pro-Rec'd for both SNA and NFO or just SNA? If that's what you truly want to do then jump through whatever hoops necessary to get the DP cleared to get a FS for pilot. If not, enjoy the awesome career either way.

RussBow6

Russ, I spoke with my recruiter today and he said there are no waivers for depth perception. It ended up MEPS wrote in that I failed the test yet I had passed it. So now I have to deal with the BS of getting through that in addition to completing other waivers and waiting for a final select.

Did you get Pro-Rec'd for both SNA and NFO or just SNA? If that's what you truly want to do then jump through whatever hoops necessary to get the DP cleared to get a FS for pilot. If not, enjoy the awesome career either way.

yeah i got pro rec'd for both. and i thought i had selected sna pro rec and put that in for fs but i guess my OR submitted SNA and NFO for fs...? i dont really know whats going on ha. i asked him why i didnt get FS SNA and he said he wasnt sure. he did say he put a waiver in for SNA but he doesnt think he'll win it. we'll see how it shakes out before i start worrying.

if not, NFO gets me into the navy as an officer candidate and potentially in a cockpit so i'm pretty pumped about it and i get the opportunity to serve my country regardless. then if i do well enough and prove myself then i can make the jump to the front seat. nothing like a little challenge to make yourself work harder. i'll let you know what i hear next week.